What's new

chacal231077

Grand Master
Reaction score
Hi

I would it be possible to create its own server :love: :rolleyes: so that Arcadians with arcade hardware like the Naomi system, the Namco 246,256 system, Triforce ,Atomiswave not too recent to play in a network in one country at a time, then in others ?(

we managed to create and maintain servers on Dreamcast for Fantasy star online ect ... 8|

Why not ?( ?( ?( ?
the fiber network is spreading more and more. People are doing reverse engineering for CPS2 Kabuki, Netboot Naomi, why not that?

what would it take for systems to communicate ?

I'm sure it's possible I hope with all my heart <3 :rolleyes:

I'm sure it's possible I hope

Last edited:
I literally just got of the phone with the Namco America to see what parts I can get and what to do about the internet. He said that it wouldn't work as I'm not in Japan. That's when I said well Ill tell the machine I am and he generally got pissed. He said they have no Tekken 7 parts and that my best bet would be to call Namco Japan. So I said what if I wanted ten tekken 7 fr machines in NY. He generally got made at me and said it wouldn't happen. Kinda funny imo.

I think this is a great idea im trying to get a Tekken 7 fr for a decent price. Would be nice to just hack the system and play Asia considering they are not willing to help even when your willing to throw money at them. If I had a Tekken 7 fr and could play people I would have no problem paying Bandai. Right now I have it for numerous systems PS4,Xbox and Steam but the real thing would be nice.

I literally just got of the phone with the Namco America to see what parts I can get and what to do about the internet. He said that it wouldn't work as I'm not in Japan. That's when I said well Ill tell the machine I am and he generally got pissed. He said they have no Tekken 7 parts and that my best bet would be to call Namco Japan. So I said what if I wanted ten tekken 7 fr machines in NY. He generally got made at me and said it wouldn't happen. Kinda funny imo.

I think this is a great idea im trying to get a Tekken 7 fr for a decent price. Would be nice to just hack the system and play Asia considering they are not willing to help even when your willing to throw money at them. If I had a Tekken 7 fr and could play people I would have no problem paying Bandai. Right now I have it for numerous systems PS4,Xbox and Steam but the real thing would be nice.
Could it be as simple as setting up a VPN with a Japanese IP address ?

I'm not sure honestly. I know Bandai requires a modem of there's and a monthly fee. I guarantee they wont prosecute anyone in the united stated as its out of the jurisdiction considering they do not offer it in the USA.

Not to double post but if we can get online for tekken 7 fr I got a crisp $50 for anyone that hacks that shiz. Maybe we can get a huge donation for the guy that does it.

No, because you need an account, just being "in Japan" doesn't really get you all that far.

The network stuff on modern games is annoying. I have a friend at Round 1 who was telling me one of the games even logs offline plays, and the next time it phones home over the network tells about them so they can get their cut of those games played off-network.

Remember, Nesica etc take around 30% of the profit on every game played, that's their model.

I'm sure it's possible I hope
It's possible. You just need to find skilled people who care about it who are wanting to put in a massive effort for no pay.

Other arcade communities have done it for Bemani stuff. Someone was working on it for P&D. And yet another person was working on it for... some other Konami game that came in the P&D cabinet whose title escapes me right now.

I guarantee they wont prosecute anyone in the united stated as its out of the jurisdiction considering they do not offer it in the USA.
Yeah I guarantee they would, especially given Round 1's expansion over here.

Go read up on the Programmed World/Programmed Sun services that emulated Konami's e-amuse.

These companies are incorporated in most developed countries. Most developed countries have various laws in place to protect intellectual property, particularly in the digital space.

I guarantee you any attempts to run servers like this in the wild will get shut down. See also:
  • Konami vs Programmed World/Sun
  • Taito vs Nesica dumps
  • Blizzard vs bnetd
The list goes on.

I guarantee you any attempts to run servers like this in the wild will get shut down. See also:

Konami vs Programmed World/Sun
I was just going to mention that.

For those who don't know a group of people outside of Japan created their own fake EAmuse server so those who played DDR and other Bemani games that weren't on the official network could do online ranking/score tracking.

Konami brought suit and shut it down.

It wasn't a profit seeking venture and they didn't operate anywhere that the official network existed so it wasn't "competition" with the real network; they wouldn't have even done it had Konami allowed paying subscribers to the service outside of Japan... but they shut it down anyway.

Konami brought suit and shut it down.
There are still at least 2 of these out there that have been untouched for a while now. One is for arcade operators even (which definitely is sketchy get sued land since the ops are turning a profit on it).

Last edited:
it's my understanding that the original was shut down and they later opened a new server that was basically exclusive to a small group of trusted people. but even still, doing something similar with All.net you'd basically have to have it super locked down so that Sega wouldn't know it existed or couldn't prove it existed.

Thus falls in the a very gray legal area.

By the definition this is completely legal as long as everything is your own work.

Now there is nothing stopping the like of Konami trying to use legal proceedings to get it to stop. As most will know Konami will have a lot more time and money to spend. While joe blow has not.
A good example of this is the PS3 hack. Sony waived it's legal dick and everyone else ran at the sight of it.

In Australia there is quite a bit more protection for citizens against corporations.
Damages have to be proven without a doubt and so on

I can't tell you how annoying that stuff is. I can own the hardware and software for Gundam Maxi Boost On but not be able to play.

Anonymous github upload, setup so anyone can deploy...

Ya let’s see them prosecute a server out of Ethiopia. Lmao won’t happen. Take it down big deal put up another. Or make it private so the server you connect to is your own IP. I’d love to see the law fees in handing out those cease and desist papers to 100s of people. That’s all anyone would get cease and desist. Servers in foreign countries where legality wouldn’t be an issue and if it was, just setup another proxy server. I’m sure loopholes exist.

Also for those that don’t know the bemani servers are still up just changed locations. No way to stop it now.

Ya let’s see them prosecute a server out of Ethiopia. Lmao won’t happen. Take it down big deal put up another. Or make it private so the server you connect to is your own IP. I’d love to see the law fees in handing out those cease and desist papers to 100s of people. That’s all anyone would get cease and desist. Servers in foreign countries where legality wouldn’t be an issue and if it was, just setup another proxy server. I’m sure loopholes exist.

Also for those that don’t know the bemani servers are still up just changed locations. No way to stop it now.
Then throw a server up and take one for the team.

Stop babbling, put in the work, and put *your* ass on the line for everyone here since you're so positive it's not an issue.

Yeah, not to pile on, but you're oversimplifying it. Waiving $50 isn't going to make this happen, either.

This is on my to-do list and nesys is nearly there so I hopefully will have time soon.
^^^ oh hey everyone, he’s right here... the guy who has the skills to get this done ;)

Maybe when @corey is done @jimmyjames can use the solution to toss up a server.

Last edited:
Back