What's new
Unfortunately the guy who leaked it, thought it would be 'cool' to add an intro to the game......
He wasn't the one who leaked it. he's just an idiot who is cashing in on linking.

just have a listen to his "reasons" about why it took so long to be dumped

3.4ghz i believe. you can get a pentium dual-core up to 3.4ghz that will work with the chipset but a new bigger CPU cooler will more than likely be needed.

you can even goto a core2quad q6600. its not offically supported by the chipset but i have been inform it does work. i have one on the way at the moment so will be able to give my own input soon.

edit: just checked and 3.6 is the highest in mainstream CPUs and 3.76 with an extreme edition CPU.

Edit2: link to all supported cpus
http://www.cpu-upgrade.com/mb-Intel_(chipsets)/Q965_Express.html

Last edited:
I don't think that multi-core CPUs are the best solution in this case.. I would just use the best single core peformer independently of the number of cores.

Keep in mind these games where not optimized for multiple cores. Except for maybe USFIV

Not sure if this was already explained, but how do you convert one of these Type X2 that come with a Celeron and a X1300LE?

I guess that you can change the graphic card. What else needs to be changed? More RAM? Change CPU to P4?

Anyone has tried?
The main thing is going to be the graphics card. I'd also upgrade to the P4 since its pretty cheap. Otherwise you might get some stuttering in some of the more demanding games. 1GB of RAM of should be plenty, 512MB should run all the official X2 games, prior to any of the Nesica stuff.
OK, so I changed the grapchic card, but as you can see, after changing it there is no room left to power the grapchic card from the PCIe connnector, so I had to change the fan to the other side. The reason for that is that the Type X2 that come with a Celeron and a X1300LE graphic card, like the Model 102A come in a case that is wider but less deep.

After that I also changed memory to 1GB and everything worked perfect. I also change the processor to a P4 just in case....

Attachments

• 20160714_164000.jpg
    20160714_164000.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 217
Interesting, I had no idea the cases where different sizes!

Yes they are different and if you don't power the graphic card from the extra connector it goes much slower and you get a warning sygnal that video card is not powered and will run in a slow safe mode.

Yes they are different and if you don't power the graphic card from the extra connector it goes much slower and you get a warning sygnal that video card is not powered and will run in a slow safe mode.
What is that other card you have installed there? A different I/O board??

It's also a 7900GS but just from the shop. I updated the firmware to the same one that have the original TX2.

I wish someone would sell firmware-flashed video cards that work with the X2.. It seems to be my final bottleneck now that everything else has been maxed out. Would love to play Crimzon Clover at max settings, but the stock card can't seem to handle all of the explosions. I don't have a DOS capable computer, and the last 3 cards I bought used are the wrong type... lol.. :P

I wish someone would sell firmware-flashed video cards that work with the X2.. It seems to be my final bottleneck now that everything else has been maxed out. Would love to play Crimzon Clover at max settings, but the stock card can't seem to handle all of the explosions. I don't have a DOS capable computer, and the last 3 cards I bought used are the wrong type... lol.. :P
niko has provided a .img file for easy writing to usb with a freedos and tools setup for flashing the GPUs.
[Taito Type X2] Flashing a GeForce 7900 with Elsa 979 BIOS

as for GPUs that are picky about the firmware all you need to do is dump the original firmware and and open the file in NiBiTor and change the sub vendor id and sub system id to match the TTX2 original GPUs

Unless I can run any of that on the actual Taito X2, I really don't have access to anything that can. I have a house and workplace full of Mac laptops and computers without PCI slots. :(

Unless I can run any of that on the actual Taito X2, I really don't have access to anything that can. I have a house and workplace full of Mac laptops and computers without PCI slots. :(
I'll see if i can get a freedos setup on a hdd to boot on the ttx2. I dont think the bios is doing anything funky during boot besides not allowing usb booting. If all goes well ill aend you an img file you can write to a sata hdd.

It's also a 7900GS but just from the shop. I updated the firmware to the same one that have the original TX2.
i think he means the I/O board that comes with those TX2, they plug into a PCI slot and not to the motherboard header like the regular I/O boards for the TX2

I always wondered if they offer any kind of benefit... Like reduced latency :) (who knows...)

I wish someone would sell firmware-flashed video cards that work with the X2..
I've seen people selling flashed cards on eBay for 100$

Dont do that... I feel bad when people sells that kind of stuff... If you provide me with a 7900gs and some candies, I'll reflash it for you

I did like 10 cards in the last months lol, 7900gs, GT, GTO (Never got the GTO to work thought)

Currently I have a XFX with custom cooling and quite overclocked. You don't need the overclock for the standard TX2 set, but with those PC conversions and MAME is not that bad idea ;)

it should theoretically work and most likely will but i can't give a 100% on that.

Back