What's new
haha, so i already have paid for the other one. whats in for me?

I think Niko is aiming for a 04/16/17 release to commemorate the 1 year anniversary of his v1.0 release :D

Roger that.

Hate to see mission control delay the launch. But it's better that scrubbing the flight.

Just don't leave me out on the mat too long. I'm itching for a ride before I have to go take a leak.
I think Niko is aiming for a 04/16/17 release to commemorate the 1 year anniversary of his v1.0 release :D

it's ready when it's ready - I'll be grateful for any release.

It gives me time to source a second TTX2 and a vewlix to put it in....

Hey guys, Sorry for the silence. Let me fill you in, on whats going on.

During JAEPO back in Feb, we learned that Taito is planning to keep Nesica alive and have it run alongside the new Nesica2 service. Nesica2 is going to be the home to all the new fighting games, while Nesica will retain its current catalogue.

This information kinda surprised me, as I fully expected them to ditch Nesica for Nesica2, especially since alot of the games where recently leaked. I also learned from a very reputable source, that Taito has atleast 2 new games planned for Nesica this year, neither which have officially been announced yet.

On another note, Taito has not been taking the piracy of Nesica lightly. I learned last night, they've been issuing copyright claims on YouTube, issuing DMCA's to filesharing sites and have even gone as far as requesting information of the users uploading their content.

Obviously I dont want to hurt Taito, and I certainly dont want to cause any legal trouble for Darksoft or myself. So I've decided to postpone support for the Nesica titles until further notice. I know some of you will be pretty bummed, and everyone has been very patient. All I can say is it will come in time, just right now isnt the right time.

In the meantime, work is being done to preserve every version of every Nesica game launched. If you come across or know someone who has a Nesica drive, and want to help. Let me know. There is still alot of early stuff to be found before its lost forever.

Work is also currently being done by someone else on the forums to bring a more complete "online" experience to the games.

@Niko I think that everybody understands and agrees with your comments. We don't want to jeopardize Taito's business in any way and anyone posting links to such a games will get a warning and his post deleted. I hope you guys agree with me and understand it.

Fully agree with you Niko, wise decision.
Is it still possible to move forward and do a more 'complete' set without the Nesica games?

Its good for a system that's still making money, and I'm happy with the multi from you right now.

Is it still possible to move forward and do a more 'complete' set without the Nesica games?
By more 'complete', I'm assuming you mean the deluxe games like Chase HQ, Half Life, etc?

I personally dont have any interest in those games and since I primarily work on these things as a hobby, its difficult to allocate the time and resources to them. But the menu itself is pretty basic and by design it should launch anything that has its own folder with a "game.exe" executable. So if someone wants to write a loader/wrapper for those games, it shouldn't be hard to add to the multi.

By more 'complete', I'm assuming you mean the deluxe games like Chase HQ, Half Life, etc?
I personally dont have any interest in those games and since I primarily work on these things as a hobby, its difficult to allocate the time and resources to them. But the menu itself is pretty basic and by design it should launch anything that has its own folder with a "game.exe" executable. So if someone wants to write a loader/wrapper for those games, it shouldn't be hard to add to the multi.
Guys,

Niko has done an amazing job with this for us all. He has gotten his multi to a pretty rock solid setup, if anyone with the knowhow wants to further expand on this, they can, and they offer their own variants on this multi. Niko most likely wants to move on from this onto other things/projects, and I am excited to see what else he works on in the future.

I fully understand - not a problem for me....

an updated menu, tetris to work, to be able to run mame using the inbuilt jvs card.

Any of the above would make me very happy.

Back