What's new
For Sale
Everyone should have 2 step authentication turned on for their accounts and use the google authenticator app.
@Derick2k Thank You!, 2 step authentication turned on and google authenticator app installed..good to goooooo.
Paying for goods and services moving forward for all transactions.

Seems paypal isn't being very helpful....
Paypal wont help as they are basically a payment processor, have to try and get the banks or credit card companies' fraud dept involved. Do chargebacks if possible. The AG's office also has a division that takes in these types of complaints/crimes and may also help.

If you were effected by this fill out a fraud report here: https://complaint.ic3.gov/
make sure you print it as a PDF once you're done as you wont be able to go back and do it later.

Even if you used a bank transfer/e-check to pay through paypal, your bank can do a stop payment just make sure you tell them the recipient is "PAYPAL" and provide the amount to the penny.

If you used a credit card attached to paypal then do a charge-back.

Wtf!,so if it wasn’t a hack did they just guess the password?damm feel for bros who got done,hope you can recover and moneys lost!terrible situation for the forum,almost like we have been attacked 🤬

Wtf!,so if it wasn’t a hack did they just guess the password?
no, some OTHER site got hacked and all of the users, emails and passwords were released. Someone then gets that information and searches to see if the usernames there were used on any other website. then they try to log into that other website using the same password.

so for instance Sony was hacked a while back
some person who used the same username, and password for their PSN account as their AP account now the scammer has their AP account info even though AP was never hacked.

even worse if you use the same user/pass for your email account because then you can start requesting password changes EVERYWHERE and compromised EVERY ACCOUNT that person has.

Sorry to everyone affected, and especially @ImportantBet.

In addition to 2FA, I recommend using a password manager. It trivializes making good, unique passwords for every site, so you neither reuse passwords nor need to remember/track a thousand different passwords.

I use Chrome on desktop and on Android, so apps and Chrome can both auto-fill passwords. Only on rare occasions do I need to copy a password manually from the password manager.

In this day and age, folks need to enable MFA everywhere they can. Sign up for a new account or service? Set up your security settings and check if there's an option for MFA.

And seconding using a password manager. I recommend Bitwarden and have been using it personally for years. Available on browsers, on mobile, has apps on all major platforms, and it's cheap and secure. So far Bitwarden has not been compromised, but other major services like LastPass and 1password have.

Wtf!,so if it wasn’t a hack did they just guess the password?damm feel for bros who got done,hope you can recover and moneys lost!terrible situation for the forum,almost like we have been attacked 🤬

It's a common tactic. Attackers take logins/passwords from previous hacks and use that data to brute force their way into accounts on other sites/services because most people reuse the same passwords across services.

If AP isn't doing it already, they should be rate-limiting failed logins by username or IP to help deter these sorts of things, although won't be helpful in the case of password reuse.

Unfortunately I am one of the victims who fell for the scam. I paid statix138 (hacked) via PayPal F&F. @phokkun and I were talking about rounding up other victims in a single convo and gathering evidence to provide to PayPal/banks.
Please make public the PayPal email address(es) used by the scammers to collect funds.

OK, so looks like only the account from 2 people was hacked. The hacker was very pushy and was asking people to quickly make the payment, because he knew he was on a clock. We are working with the people that were scammed, so that PayPal payment can be totally or partially reversed, specially if payment hasn't cleared yet. We have also logged the IP of the douchebxx that did this and we'll do our best to track this fuxxer down and expose him. He seemed to know well the arcade scene so that narrows down the list to a certain extent.

For sure. But he won't be using it again. Google will probably add it to their database and when people look for it....

Hopefully, they havent compromised other sites in the community trying to pull the same scam.

Back