What's new
Still having problems, not sure what happened but I'd like to get this repaired if possible.
So ultimately my cart wound up going to @Darksoft, and he determined that one of the SPI chips had died and was causing all the issues I had. I'm pleased to report that it's back in my possession and everything works great again. :)

Hi @Darksoft - I can't seem to get anything besides a white screen. Original carts work.

It's a Japanese 3-5 board with a RGB mod and Unbios 4. I'm using a Triad WSX090-2500-R PSU.

I've tried different firmware and menu versions, and it's all the same.

The one thing I noticed is the SD Card slot doesn't have any "eject spring" - you really need to grab it to pull it out of the socket. Not sure if this is normal or not.

Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks

The one thing I noticed is the SD Card slot doesn't have any "eject spring" - you really need to grab it to pull it out of the socket. Not sure if this is normal or not.
I would say that your SD card slot has gone south. I posted some information about how to change it. I could send you one if you feel comfortable chaning it. Just pay shipping. PM if interested.

Hello everyone, I use my multiAES on my neo geo 3.5. Everything works perfectly. I just bought a neo geo nec mothercard. I have the image but no sound. I use a quality 5A power supply though. I insert the cartridge + or - up but that doesn't change anything. I would like to point out that I have no problem with an original game. Do you know where this could come from?
THANKS

Hello everyone, I use my multiAES on my neo geo 3.5. Everything works perfectly. I just bought a neo geo nec mothercard. I have the image but no sound. I use a quality 5A power supply though. I insert the cartridge + or - up but that doesn't change anything. I would like to point out that I have no problem with an original game. Do you know where this could come from?
THANKS
5V Neo Geos (regardless of chipset type) do not have enough power to supply the multi due to a protection circuit it has on the input.

Attachments

• IMG_4650.jpeg
    IMG_4650.jpeg
    205.1 KB · Views: 25
that fix that you mention was for some specific games, the menu should always have audio. Show us which FW you have, but I'm pretty sure that the problem comes from PSU or just the revision of you AES.

I use a 5v/5a .
It’s not enough?

Attachments

• IMG_4651.jpeg
    IMG_4651.jpeg
    224 KB · Views: 14
That looks good. It's not the latest FW, maybe try to update. In any case, most of the times the problem comes from the PSU. Tha amount of AMPS is important, but the quality of the power is even more important.

I don’t use last firmware because i have glitch.
I can try.
Psu I hight quality homemade.
I have two models, I will try the other one.

I update last firmware, no sound.
My PSUI is a Mean Well 5v 5 A.
Very good .

Attachments

• IMG_4661.jpeg
    IMG_4661.jpeg
    166.7 KB · Views: 21
Maybe it's your AES 3-5. Do you have a different AES to try?

Never open but I see Neo AES on thé motherboard.
I don’t see brown plate

If you push the cart lever with your fingers and look at the right part of the console, you should be able yo see the text without opening it.

Back