What's new
I was just looking for JVS to PS3 the other day and found the old JVS-PAC. That would really be nice. I then came across the JVS2X which seems to offer that but as far as I can tell no one is manufacturing it, it's just open/diy.

Console and gamepad support would help a lot with not having to buy a bunch of brook boards and rewiring.

Tl;dr my top requests would be:
Improved compatibility for JVS ios and linking, particularly mixing different IOs.
Gamepad mode on pc (modern games like SFV and maybe 6 don't support two players from one keyboard).
PS4 support (Gundam extreme vs isn't on pc).
PS3 support (I don't want to buy a system 369).

Sorry if this has been asked already. I tried to look up first but didn’t see anything.
Is it possible to have multiple config ini files to use as different game profiles and switch between them with the oled and buttons? When using steam, some games have different dedicated buttons and being able to easily switch profiles without powering off and updating ini file would be awesome.

I don't know if anyone on here uses the Artax multi image ect & a JVS-PAC 2 like I do but if so this is a custom ini file will give you the controls for 1p, 2p buttons 1-6 all & joysticks as these are the defaults for the images:

[main]
shiftmode=full
linkmode=2player
analog=0
rotary=0
rotaryIoButtons=off
[keyboard]
M_TEST=KEY_F2
M_COIN1=KEY_5
M_COIN2=KEY_6
M_COIN3=KEY_NONE
M_COIN4=KEY_NONE
M_P1START=KEY_1
M_P1SERVICE=KEY_9
M_P1UP=KEY_UP
M_P1DOWN=KEY_DOWN
M_P1LEFT=KEY_LEFT
M_P1RIGHT=KEY_RIGHT
M_P1B1=KEY_Q
M_P1B2=KEY_W
M_P1B3=KEY_E
M_P1B4=KEY_A
M_P1B5=KEY_S
M_P1B6=KEY_D
M_P1B7=KEY_C
M_P1B8=KEY_V
M_P2START=KEY_2
M_P2SERVICE=KEY_0
M_P2UP=KEY_U
M_P2DOWN=KEY_J
M_P2LEFT=KEY_H
M_P2RIGHT=KEY_K
M_P2B1=KEY_KP7
M_P2B2=KEY_KP8
M_P2B3=KEY_KP9
M_P2B4=KEY_KP4
M_P2B5=KEY_KP5
M_P2B6=KEY_KP6
M_P2B7=KEY_J
M_P2B8=KEY_L
M_P3START=KEY_3
M_P3SERVICE=KEY_NONE
M_P3UP=KEY_J
M_P3DOWN=KEY_L
M_P3LEFT=KEY_I
M_P3RIGHT=KEY_K
M_P3B1=KEY_RIGHTCTRL
M_P3B2=KEY_RIGHTSHIFT
M_P3B3=KEY_ENTER
M_P3B4=KEY_NONE
M_P3B5=KEY_NONE
M_P3B6=KEY_NONE
M_P3B7=KEY_NONE
M_P3B8=KEY_NONE
M_P4START=KEY_4
M_P4SERVICE=KEY_NONE
M_P4UP=KEY_KP8
M_P4DOWN=KEY_KP2
M_P4LEFT=KEY_KP4
M_P4RIGHT=KEY_KP6
M_P4B1=KEY_KP0
M_P4B2=KEY_KPCOMMA
M_P4B3=KEY_KPENTER
M_P4B4=KEY_NONE
M_P4B5=KEY_NONE
M_P4B6=KEY_NONE
M_P4B7=KEY_NONE
M_P4B8=KEY_NONE
M_TILT1=KEY_T

I use a Sega Lindbergh I/O that can have 1-7 buttons per player with 8 been added with minor wiring changes by taking the card reader 5v wires & moving it up the 60 pin JST to on pins 47/48.

Edit these are the original controls so you can see what I had to change for the JVS-PAC 2 to understand:

P1UP = UP ARROW
P1DOWN = DOWN ARROW
P1LEFT = LEFT ARROW
P1RIGHT = RIGHT ARROW
P1START = 1
P1BTN1 = Q
P1BTN2 = W
P1BTN3 = E
P1BTN4 = A
P1BTN5 = S
P1BTN6 = D

PLAYER 2 CONTROLS

P2UP = U
P2DOWN = J
P2LEFT = H
P2RIGHT = K
P2START = 2
P2BTN1 = NUMPAD7
P2BTN2 = NUMPAD8
P2BTN3 = NUMPAD9
P2BTN4 = NUMPAD4
P2BTN5 = NUMPAD5
P2BTN6 = NUMPAD6

Last edited:
I'd like to see the encoder have a mouse mode as the DaemonBite KTRL arcade encoder had. This would be really useful for PC emulation and I haven't found another encoder handle this. The mouse mode allowed the joystick to move the mouse pointer. If interested, you can read the modes of operation under the instruction section at https://www.daemonbite.com/product/ktrl-arcade/

I'd like to see the encoder have a mouse mode as the DaemonBite KTRL arcade encoder had. This would be really useful for PC emulation and I haven't found another encoder handle this. The mouse mode allowed the joystick to move the mouse pointer. If interested, you can read the modes of operation under the instruction section at https://www.daemonbite.com/product/ktrl-arcade/
I am 99.9% certain there will be mouse support in the next firmware, but current idea is to hook it up to rotary input (trackball) so people (me) can play marble madness with dynamic golf control panels :)

I'll have a look, but I fear the user experience and corresponding code to implement the lever->mouse thing would get a little messy. It's already a little messy with 3-4 modes of operation (mame, mame limited, mister limited, mister full) and with upcoming gamepad+analog support it's not getting simpler.

I am 99.9% certain there will be mouse support in the next firmware, but current idea is to hook it up to rotary input (trackball) so people (me) can play marble madness with dynamic golf control panels :)

I'll have a look, but I fear the user experience and corresponding code to implement the lever->mouse thing would get a little messy. It's already a little messy with 3-4 modes of operation (mame, mame limited, mister limited, mister full) and with upcoming gamepad+analog support it's not getting simpler.
When you say analog support, is this for example jvs driving cabs?
Thanks

Brilliant! Will keep an eye on progress with a view to putting in my crazy taxi cab.

Thanks invzim for even looking into it. I couldn't find an alternative encoder.

I am also people.

Trying to distill all the different features etc into something understandable (and codable) for next firmware release. Current thinking is to rename a few concepts.

EmuControl - this is what I used to call shift-keys, it's 1pstart+something to control the emulator with keyboard commands
USB Mode
  • Keyboard
  • Gamepad (probably 4 gamepads), EmuControl will still be active
    • Channels pr gamepad, 0,,4, 8. 0 will disable analog polling of IO board
Mouse will be enabled if a rotary JVS IO board is detected, and will work in both keyboard and gamepad mode.

Let me know what you think!

Perhaps a silly question. I'm using my JVSPAC2 with my multi Artax image (thanks to poster above for config). But I'd like to get MKX and MK11 running. However I only have a 1p 6 button control panel. Is there a way to configure combo buttons in the config to enable multiple button presses to map to 1 key?

Gamepad mode with linked I/Os (specifically Taito or Namco ones, not just Sega) would be great. I'd be happy to lend you some of the IOs I have if you don't already have them.

Any chance gamepad mode could work on a PS3? Doesn't it support generic usb hid gamepads?

Grabbed a slightly used one of these & with a serial number 5 away from mine, old 370 new 375.

Been using this on the Noir with some of the Pi 3 images with mixed results no fault of the JVS-PAC 2 though.

Last edited:
Will the future gamapad mode support any of the mini consoles ect?

Will the future gamapad mode support any of the mini consoles ect?
Probably not? The stupid part of this is that USB HID is a standard, that works, but vendors for their own greedy reasons choose to implement it incorrectly. For example the switch is a normal USB controller, but sends the bytes in a way that you need to specially decode/encode. ZERO technical reasons behind it, same with Xinput..

Let's see.

Yeah it would be great if my Mini Astro worked with it.

I had wire up a 2L12B Sega panel last night & found the on screen button test very helpful & made it a doddle.

@invzim I recently sold a JVS-PAC2 to user @JoeAwesome and he was unable to get it to work with his JVS I/O. I just received the JVS-PAC2 back and testing it on my OpenJVS rig, it works fine when I emulate a Type 3 Sega I/O, which shows up as "Sega Lindbergh" on your JVS-PAC2. The other I/Os I can emulate (Namco, Sega Type 1, etc) all show up as Unknown IO.

When Joe tested the Jammafier I sold him on his cabinet, the Jammafier identified his I/O as "Sega Universal". Can you tell me what is the Name string you're using in your Jammafier firmware to identify an I/O as "Sega Universal"? I would like to try passing that same string, and capabilities, through to the JVS-PAC2 to see how it reacts. I'm trying to troubleshoot why the JVS-PAC2 works fine on my setup, but sees no I/O on his setup.

Back