What's new

BroadwayJose

Professional
Reaction score
Not sure if my search skills are lacking but I can't seem to find info on the marquee light for the original Astro City cab. Seen some stuff for the New Astro City but I don't have that cab for comparison and I'm not sure if the same size and type light bulb will work here for me.

Mainly looking for a drop in fluorescent replacement (if possible) or a suitable LED option if that's a good enough route to take here. Based in USA for reference and I don't plan on importing unless it makes sense for convenience and cost. I'm also not too picky, just want a decent light and I'm likely to replace the entire marquee setup altogether soon as the original is really faded now. Staying with stock design here isn't necessarily in my plans.

Right, but that's for a *new* Astro City, which I said I don't have. I found that thread also. Would be good to have feedback from another Astro City owner who has gone through this if possible. I don't want to make mistakes here in case there's a size difference for the light between each cab.

I put 600mm LED tubes in the Astros that I have. They're ever so slightly too long, but it's fine. I also bypassed the ballasts and starter sockets.

Looks like 24" length is needed for these cabs. Thanks for the responses and confirmation.

Likely will bypass the existing fixture and just use the replacement as-is. What should my wiring look like in this case? I'm not sure what the color scheme is in the cab to line up with the replacement light fixture.

Back