What's new

mypinballs

Professional
Reaction score
Picked this up the other day, for repair. A kind of grail game for me. This version I don't think is that common either. PCB looks like its been in the American warehouse at the end of raiders for too long.. haha

First job , clean up and get rid of dust, remove all hack connector wiring, get some new connectors built and power up to see what happens..

IMG_6716.JPG
IMG_6717.JPG
IMG_6718.JPG
IMG_6719.jpg
IMG_6720.jpg
IMG_6724.JPG
IMG_6725.JPG

Found out that the cocktail version of these pcbs is Namco wiring! like midways pac-land, which is handy as I have the connectors for this. Reseated a few ics that were out of their sockets. Cleaned all the dust off and got rid of all the bodge connector wiring

and...

IMG_6731.JPG

IMG_6735.JPG

Game runs in attract, but the sound is broken and there is no coins or test inputs working. Possibly related looking at the schematics. Digging into that today

Game runs in attract, but the sound is broken and there is no coins or test inputs working. Possibly related looking at the schematics. Digging into that today

Just a heads up, this is also the form factor for the Roadblasters cockpit pcb.

Sound fixed and game playing now.

Missing speech chip which causes more than just no speech to happen it seems. Also no speech chip = no coin controls either!!

IMG_6748.JPG
IMG_6749.JPG

Also, took ages to fathom out, but the board is wired using the classic Namco pinout. Same as midway Pac-land . Where you have a seperate power and video connector. And the test menu is accessed from DIP SW1 ON it seems. The namco pinout does not seem to match for the test options.

The power plug is actually a much better idea than the jamma edge connector, as its a decent tyco mate n lok type which decent amp ratings

What a bizarre board and mismatch of stuff.

Back