What's new
Gotcha I'll just have to be careful and do some research beforehand, thanks again for the heads up.

I just wanted to save you some effort/money. I doubt there's much research you can do; other than trial and error.

Using a new power supply will require you to wire up the specific din connector required by the axun Supergun.

I sacrificed the power supply that came with the axun Supergun to attach the din connector to the new power supply.

I still use the axun power supply for other projects but it can't be used with the axun Supergun anymore.

Hi all, was wondering if anyone had any experience running Neo Geo MVS into an OSSC/GBS Control whilst using this supergun before.

I have a MV-1FZ, which according to https://junkerhq.net/xrgb/index.php?title=OSSC_potential_incompatibilities has issues with OSSC. Have tried all known settings that can be found on the internet and do not get any sync with the OSSC either through AV1 with a vga2scart adapter aswell as AV3 input. GBS Control tells me signal information but does not output anything.

Supergun outputs the MVS fine when going into my PVM through the VGA2SCART. Any steps in the right direction would be appreciated :D thanks!

Hi all, was wondering if anyone had any experience running Neo Geo MVS into an OSSC/GBS Control whilst using this supergun before.

I have a MV-1FZ, which according to https://junkerhq.net/xrgb/index.php?title=OSSC_potential_incompatibilities has issues with OSSC. Have tried all known settings that can be found on the internet and do not get any sync with the OSSC either through AV1 with a vga2scart adapter aswell as AV3 input. GBS Control tells me signal information but does not output anything.

Supergun outputs the MVS fine when going into my PVM through the VGA2SCART. Any steps in the right direction would be appreciated :D thanks!
I use this Supergun with many other PCBs and ossc/gbs control just fine.

I will try MVS later today and let you know.

I’ve had the Mini for a few months now and it has been fine for most everything I’ve tossed at it. Recently though I’ve had it drop signals after a few minutes of play. The picture slowly fades to dark with some noise and then goes completely black. It’s happened with multiple boards.

I’ve had the Mini for a few months now and it has been fine for most everything I’ve tossed at it. Recently though I’ve had it drop signals after a few minutes of play. The picture slowly fades to dark with some noise and then goes completely black. It’s happened with multiple boards.
Check your voltages with a multimeter.

I also have a spare unused power supply for the Mini if yours end up being the cause of the problem.

Thanks, but the power is pretty solid. I’ve been using his power box pro. Voltages measured at the board have been good. I’ve even tested them when this happens (black screen) and everything at the board level seems fine.

Last edited:
Having some issues with YPbPr output on the supergun mini with some boards I tested.

On a consumer CRT, I get a garbled mess of colours with a rolling screen. You can kinda make out the images of the game. With a RetroTINK 5X, screen turns black and desyncs again to the default blue screen.

RGBS/RGBHV totally works fine with the same boards. I'm using a passive DSUB15 to component adapter with HD Retrovision component cables. Any solutions to this?

Attachments

• PXL_20231020_091559724.jpg
    PXL_20231020_091559724.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 38
Having some issues with YPbPr output on the supergun mini with some boards I tested.

On a consumer CRT, I get a garbled mess of colours with a rolling screen. You can kinda make out the images of the game. With a RetroTINK 5X, screen turns black and desyncs again to the default blue screen.

RGBS/RGBHV totally works fine with the same boards. I'm using a passive DSUB15 to component adapter with HD Retrovision component cables. Any solutions to this?
I used an adapter like that and the blue and green were reversed on the adapter. I swapped blue/green and it was fine.

Which boards are you testing?

Edit: sorry, I see the issue is only with some boards. Still interested in which.

@GeorgeSpinner Thank you, I will reverse the connections on the adapter later today.

When I said "some boards", I meant just the ones I have on-hand at the minute.

After reading some reviews of the adapter i bought, I found this. Issue fixed!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231020-120250.png
    Screenshot_20231020-120250.png
    182.2 KB · Views: 51
After reading some reviews of the adapter i bought, I found this. Issue fixed!
Good. It may have been green and red on mine as well, now that I read that review. I'm unsure.

I have a gbs-c that has 2 colors the same. Something like red, blue, blue instead of red, green, blue. This is cheap shit we're dealing with.

Did your supergun not come with a component cable? Mine did but I ordered quite a while ago.

Component cable is an add-on cost now
Do you mind telling what you paid? And how much the cable would cost?

I paid $90 for the unit, with power supply and bnc cable and bnc -> rca adapters, which was very reasonable.

The power supply really wasn't good enough but I think he's rectified that now. It was a good idea but functionally it did not put out enough voltage for larger PCBs. I switched to a standard arcade power supply.

I don't use the cable that came with it because it was too rigid for my setup and how i wanted to route the cable. Quality seemed good though.

@GeorgeSpinner $120 USD :(

VGA to BNC and RCA adapter is $15
Is that with shipping or without?

I think you got a much better power supply.

I do use that original power supply in some projects, so it wasn't a complete waste.

The supergun has held up well and I like the brightness adjustment.

Without shipping.

I bought the separate power supply anyways with adjustable pot because some boards was measured way over 5V at the JAMMA edge with the original
I think the price is still more than fair.

I believe I paid $130 shipped. Maybe I did pay extra for the cable because I can't see him charging $40 for shipping.

Good luck with it.

Back