What's new

tDRG

Grand Master
Reaction score
A few of the bolts and small components are missing from my Blast, I wanted to make sure I picked the right parts before placing an order. Here's the parts list on arcadeotaku for reference.

Comm port cover (on the back, next to the PSU. Item 3 H0T-1303 on pg. 44). Any suggestions for replacements?
I'll also need bolts for it - looks like M SCR TH CRM 4x10. Is that M4 x 10?

I don't have any locks on the machine right now, and I'd like to add some. What do I need? Here's the stuff I do have:
IMG_20220228_182431.jpg

IMG_20220228_182056.jpg

IMG_20220228_182129.jpg

IMG_20220228_182201.jpg

IMG_20220228_182207.jpg

IMG_20220228_182258.jpg

Control panel bolts and nuts - M4x16 - McMaster doesn't seem to have screws with no slots. What should I look for, safety screws?
For M4 nuts, McMaster has these collar/flange nuts.

One of the holes on the back where the monitor mounts has rusted through, any thoughts on what to do here? I'm thinking I'll just leave it, the panel stays on fine and it's not visible.
IMG_20220224_170013.jpg

Screws to mount circuit boards on wood panels - something with a wide head would be good. I have some, and they fit the CPS3 feet (no metal case) well. I looked around at Home Depot a little the other day and didn't see anything that would work.

The pot on the back of the PSU to adjust the voltage has fallen off, it just looks like an exposed screw. Any ideas there?

Bolts that attach the PSU to the back of the cab - I need some replacements, and the others seem like they'd strip easily. Looks like 213 on pg. 34, so M SCR PH W/FS BLK M4x12, so I'm thinking these with washers.

Last edited:
Control panel bolts and nuts - M4x16 - McMaster doesn't seem to have screws with no slots. What should I look for, safety screws?
For M4 nuts, McMaster has these collar/flange nuts.
Carriage bolts. I used these which are slightly shorter than the original:

50 Pcs Carriage Bolts, Coach Bolts,Neck Carriage Bolt, Round Head, Square Neck, Zinc Plated (M4-0.7x16mm) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09C4CRJ2...t_i_YW1KQDXBWANP3QVWXSB7?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

With flange nuts like these:

FullerKreg M4 x 0.7mm 304 Stainless Steel Serrated Hex Flange Lock Nuts (100 Pcs) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DB3K6V...t_i_JH1AVJ9W0T0D0AMVS7YH?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

hi. yes. i have all blast ity parts .(from dismantled blast ) just chassis sold. let me your cab pics. i will find correspond parts .thanks james

Carriage bolts. I used these which are slightly shorter than the original:

50 Pcs Carriage Bolts, Coach Bolts,Neck Carriage Bolt, Round Head, Square Neck, Zinc Plated (M4-0.7x16mm) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09C4CRJ2...t_i_YW1KQDXBWANP3QVWXSB7?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

With flange nuts like these:

FullerKreg M4 x 0.7mm 304 Stainless Steel Serrated Hex Flange Lock Nuts (100 Pcs) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DB3K6V...t_i_JH1AVJ9W0T0D0AMVS7YH?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Perfect, thanks!
Carriage bolts are sometimes called "round head square neck" https://www.mcmaster.com/round-head-square-neck-bolts/
Ah gotcha. No M4 on McMaster.
hi. yes. i have all blast ity parts .(from dismantled blast ) just chassis sold. let me your cab pics. i will find correspond parts .thanks james
PM'd, thanks!
Good to know, thanks for the link.

D'oh, you're right. Never actually had to order those there, just came upon them when browsing once and bookmarked it.
Yeah, seems perfect! Oh well.

no. sega every look correspond a key .different number. thanks james.

Is this just an external ground?
marked.jpg

I thought it was the potentiometer to adjust the voltage on the JAMMA edge, but it looks like it's just a post with a couple ground wires on the inside. Where do you adjust the voltage?

no. sega every look correspond a key .different number. thanks james.
Cool, thanks. I'd like to get a set of matching locks, so I think I'll go with something aftermarket. Thanks anyway!

blast city psu need open metal case and adjust internal
bc746d91ebc79d574a7657fc24a75d0.jpg
9c7aab07396022b38d8ff0d04ff7bea.jpg

Hmm okay. Is there any other way to adjust the voltage slightly when you change games besides opening the PSU?

You shouldn't have to open the PSU case to adjust voltages.

Open the front PCB access door. Look at the PSU there are two small holes at the back of the PSU (when viewed from inside the cabinet).
One hole is for 5V adjustment and the other is 3.3V Adjustment (When running JVS power with a 001 loom for example)

5V and 12V are shared voltages so adjusting 5V adjusts your 12V in accordance.

The screw post on the back is the Ground / FG for the cabinet/PSU. Its on a screw post because the intention was to daisy chain a ground wire to every cabinet in the game center in Japan. Not all outlets in Japan had a dedicated ground pin yet so this is the reason for that being there.

If you run a grounded IEC power cable you can ignore worrying about that grounding post.

Back