What's new
The problem is that we are entering into a place where there is pure retroengineering. Whoever does it will do it more for love to the game and the arcade than for the price. It will take hundreds of hours to do it, definitely if someone does it, it wont be just for the money.

It hasn't been released yet and will be released when I have time to convert it. It's not a 100% version, but at least is something.
I'm still wondering if the incomplete version of C&Ds will see light of day. Or maybe it's still being worked on behind the scenes? ;)

You may want to get a updated pledge amount from everyone... I only mention it because I've fell on some hard times lately and had to pull my Punisher pledge.
Other pledgers may also be having life difficulties, I honestly think it's time to revise the pledge into singular games anyway and this could be a good opportunity to do that.

You may want to get a updated pledge amount from everyone.
If there is any suggestion that someone is putting real work into this then I'll do that.

Until then there's little point in putting in the literal hours it would take to go through and find everyone's pledges and contact them for an update, because as it stands no one is working on it at present anyway. Because by the time someone is working on it, it could be another six months or a year, and those numbers would change again. And again. And again.

I'm not /totally/ against the idea of splitting into games, but there are some downfalls to that (we'll likely never see anything except Punisher and C&D ever get worked on that way), and it's also more of a democratic decision.

If I can find a guy to do it, where would I start with info for him? he's got the electrical engineering background, but has had no interest in arcades (as of yet). He might be looking for a project.

If I can find a guy to do it, where would I start with info for him? he's got the electrical engineering background, but has had no interest in arcades (as of yet). He might be looking for a project.
I mean, he'd kind of be on his own. That's why the bounty is so high. You'd pretty much need pre-existing knowledge of both the hardware as well as the software side of it, or really intent on beating your head against the wall until you've got it figured out.

electrical engineering background
I mean this isn't really the kind of thing where an EE background will help you much.

some basic knowledge of electronics is helpful but on a whole it's more of a software job, not a hardware job.

you need someone with 68000 Assembly Language experience, which hasn't been relevant for 20 years.

Well I talked to my buddy and he is familiar with the 68000 assembly language family, but not that specific chip. He also said if he has to start from 0 then 4k just isn't enough to justify the headache, he said he would consider it if it reaches 10k since he isn't involved in the arcade world (and has no desire to get into it either.) plus the cost of tools. I tried folks. right type of person, relevant skills, wrong hobby.

Last edited:
Good idea, but isn't it more involved than 68k assembly? Wouldn't the Z80 side need to be modified since it's the sound section?

I also see a few names I recognise over there, including some who originally worked on this :P

Last edited:
Well I talked to my buddy and he is familiar with the 68000 assembly language family, but not that specific chip. He also said if he has to start from 0 then 4k just isn't enough to justify the headache, he said he would consider it if it reaches 10k since he isn't involved in the arcade world (and has no desire to get into it either.). I tried folks. right type of person, relevant skills, wrong hobby.
He wouldn't have to start from zero. Quite a lot of work has already been put in for Punisher and C&Ds.

The main issues are Saturday Night Slam Masters and Warriors of Fate, which have a lot more protection routines. So while you wouldn't be starting from zero because you know what you're looking at from the 2 games that are 50-90% completed, there is still quite a lot of work involved.

Back