What's new

motafgc

Beginner
Reaction score
So I know games like street fighter 5 won't work natively at home but I'm wondering if other games work at all? I have a multi for my x3 but I recently saw a giga wing generations hdd for a type x machine and wanted to know if I'd be able to run it?

There are multis for both the TypeX and TypeX2 if that is what you're asking. :)

i think he means not emulated like on the Type X2 multi , unlike the type X3 which uses Teckoparrot etc i think is what he is asking ?

i think he means not emulated like on the Type X2 multi , unlike the type X3 which uses Teckoparrot etc i think is what he is asking ?
Yeah basically what I want to know is if I were to buy a giga wing generations hdd off ebay, would I be able to run that on a taito x machine. I already have a multi, I don't want to emulate the game

maybe. but am pretty sure Niko Multi runs that game natively and you can set it to autoboot whichever game iirc ? Niko ?

maybe. but am pretty sure Niko Multi runs that game natively and you can set it to autoboot whichever game iirc ? Niko ?
oh ok, didnt know about that tbh. Would definitely be cool with a non emulated multi as a solution. I'll look into it today

Do you own a Taito Type X1?
I own a type x3 but I'm currently trying to determine if buying a type x would be the move and it seems like that might be what I want to do. Not fond of the emulated stuff on the x3 multi and would rather have access to the real versions of some of the the shmups on the tx1

The Type X1 multi is pretty sweet. Just pay attention to the video output options on the TypeX1 and make sure they fit your setup.
Yeah, I don't have any cabinets with a 31khz monitor in it atm, just my vewlix and an mvs 4 slot, so now I'm looking for a crt or bvm that will do 31khz. Most listings don't directly mention 31khz though and I'm not an expert on the topic so I have a new rabbit hole to go down now. I WILL get this thing up and running though haha. Welcome to any suggestions

If you have the hardware, nothing on the Type X1 or X2 multi is emulated.

Back