What's new
For Sale
Status
Not open for further replies.
Deal with Mikonos at your own risk. I commissioned him to reproduce and print an Operation Wolf set. I spent the time scanning everything. Took him 6 months. The shipping tube arrived empty. TWICE. He didn't insure the first shipment. He did not refund me the first shipment ($300). Basically held the art for ransom. He did give me a partial refund on the second shipment (the insurance for shipping, not what I paid for the prints). I still lost around $400. To this day, I don't know if he's a scammer, or if Spain's postal system is fraudulent. What I DO know is he never gave me the files and I'm out $400 with no artwork -- no apologies -- in fact he accuses me of scamming him. I ended up sending the scans to This Old Game, who now has exclusive OW side art in the US.

Are you enjoying and profiting from the OW scans you got FOR FREE, Mikonos?

I would be disappointed if Arcade Projects supports Mikonos given his terrible reputation, but respect their decision.

Last edited:
JollyShowyAegeancat-small.gif

I may do this first transaction as a buying agent for you other guys. So you have no risk. I'll discuss details with a few people and let you guys know.

It does suck a few people have had bad experiences and on the other hand it seems lots of transactions have completed successfully. So I'll see if there is a way to get this beautiful art into the hands of the members who need it.

I'll see what I can do.

I may do this first transaction as a buying agent for you other guys. So you have no risk. I'll discuss details with a few people and let you guys know.

It does suck a few people have had bad experiences and on the other hand it seems lots of transactions have completed successfully. So I'll see if there is a way to get this beautiful art into the hands of the members who need it.

I'll see what I can do.
Ooh wee. Good luck sir. I recall him from back in the day. Also was banned from Arcade Otaku to add to the list of communities to where he showed his ass.

I'll see what I can do.
Are you up for being trustee of escrow for the others that are interested in the art? The others can send you the money as trustors of the escrow. Once Mikanos gets the art to you, you can send him the money as the sole benificiary. We can then work with you to handle shipping to us on the states side? For those not in North America, Mikanos can send direct to them and you can send him their funds once they confirm receipt. I don't think any interested party at this point would enter into a pure faith agreement with Mikanos on their own without some sort of escrow.

Seems silly too. Whatever open issue there was in streetfighterteken's case can be easily solved for the cost of goods (paper and ink) to print out OW art. If Mikanos is willing to print that, throw it in with the shipping going out to North America. Once it gets here, we can get it to Ken. Kill two birds with one stone. Move on and put it behind everyone.

Also, think there is a language barrier. Can Darksoft help with the Spanish so there is no miscommunication?

Seems silly too. Whatever open issue there was in streetfighterteken's case can be easily solved for the cost of goods (paper and ink) to print out OW art. If Mikanos is willing to print that, throw it in with the shipping going out to North America. Once it gets here, we can get it to Ken. Kill two birds with one stone. Move on and put it behind everyone.
I ended up sending the scans to This Old Game and received the prints free in exchange for providing the scans. There were several ways for Mikonos to address the situation fairly and not only did he decide not to, he decided to burn his reputation to the ground at the same time. So every time y'all gaze at your beautiful artwork, think of the poor saps who were scammed one way or another.

Last edited:
Well, let´s go with another things

Some users asked me about little stickers from Astro City, New Astro city and other Sega cabinets and cady cabinets, I don´t have all, but yes a big collection. I thing I´m the only one that worried about it and I´m preserving all this too.

"Astro City Japan Sticker 421-7937" for SEGA Cabinet. Restored by Zona Arcade and Mikonos
Astro%20City%20Japan%20Sticker%20421-7937.jpg

...and here my reproduction with real grey metallic vinyl:

"Astro City Japan Sticker 421-7937" (SEGA) printed in metallic gray vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 1).
Astro%20City%20Japan%20Sticker%20421-7937%20print1.JPG

"Astro City Japan Sticker 421-7937" (SEGA) printed in metallic gray vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 2).
Astro%20City%20Japan%20Sticker%20421-7937%20print2.JPG

Last edited:
"Astro City Japan Sticker 421-8368" for SEGA Cabinet. Restored by Zona Arcade and Mikonos
Astro%20City%20421-8368%20Sticker.%20Restored%20Mikonos1.jpg

Reproduction:

"Astro City Japan Sticker 421-8368" for SEGA Cabinet printed in vinyl with glossy protective lamnation (photo 1).
Astro%20City%20Japan%20Sticker%20421-8368%20print1.JPG

"Astro City Japan Sticker 421-8368" for SEGA Cabinet printed in vinyl with glossy protective lamnation (photo 2).
Astro%20City%20Japan%20Sticker%20421-8368%20print2.JPG

"AC100V Sticker 421-785" for SEGA Cabinets. Restored by Zona Arcade & Mikonos.
AC100V%20Sticker%20421-7850.jpg

Reproduction in real metallic grey vinyl:

"AC100V Sticker 421-785" for SEGA Cabinets printed in matallic gray vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 1).
AC100V%20Sticker%20421-785%20print1.JPG

"AC100V Sticker 421-785" for SEGA Cabinets printed in matallic gray vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 2).
AC100V%20Sticker%20421-785%20print2.JPG

"Astro City Serial Number Sticker" for SEGA Cabinet. Restored by Zona Arcade and Mikonos
Astro%20City%20Serial%20Number%20Sticker.jpg

Reproduction in real metallic grey vinyl:

"Astro City Serial Number Sticker" for SEGA Cabinet printed in in grey vinyl with glossy protective lamination (photo 1).
Astro%20City%20Serial%20Number%20Sticker%20print1.JPG

"Astro City Serial Number Sticker" for SEGA Cabinet printed in in grey vinyl with glossy protective lamination (photo 2).
Astro%20City%20Serial%20Number%20Sticker%20print2.JPG

I ended up sending the scans to This Old Game and received the prints free in exchange for providing the scans. There were several ways for Mikonos to address the situation fairly and not only did he decide not to, he decided to burn his reputation to the ground at the same time. So every time y'all gaze at your beautiful artwork, think of the poor saps who were scammed one way or another.
There is a rule on this site that supercedes everything: no drama. What you and Malenko posted is very helpful. More than enough for anyone to form their own reasoned judgement. I spent a bit of time reading through the posts on other forums. I feel bad for what you went through. But anything more now is academic now that we are up to speed. I know it still burns you and you'd want nothing more than to bury the guy. But we got the message and are grown men. And if we do end up getting burned, and you woud feel like you have every right to come out and say "I told you so." Realize that you don't acutally. Because yeah, no drama here and you know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back