What's new
Want To Buy
I drove to different states to collect my cabs. Sometimes you can find a cheap cab close by but sometimes that bug bites you and you want it now so you pay more for it.

I can say that all of this rings very true. It is even more frustrating if you are a stickler on condition. The only cab that I was able to buy "local" was my Capcom Big Blue and that was two hours away. It is beautiful and was well worth the drive. My Neo Big Red I paid what most would say is too much for, but it is pretty much perfect, everything works from the EL panels to the memory cards. No hacked up crap.

Still those are findable on the east coast - to get a candy I did like some of the other guys have already said and contacted Ken from the Gameroom. He was great to deal with (but really busy and you have to be patient waiting for responses sometimes) and I got a super nice New Net City with the Toshiba PF that works perfectly. As they also said, it was not cheap and with to the door freight, it was over 2k. If I hadn't bought that, I would still be waiting and all the time I spent staring at forums or Craigslist could of been used on something much more profitable or fun, like actually playing games.

Top that off with you probably won't find a true "deal" on a nice one on the East Coast, since people who paid a lot to freight these are going to want a comparable amount in most cases to let them go.

Good luck with your search!

it's when you stop looking that you'll find one !! probably 20 minutes from your house!

I did ;) ... and it was 250$ ! 8o

fine.. it was missing the control panel and the i/o board and the powersupply .... which I have now all found :) for much more then the game but who's counting ?!

Yeah to reiterate what everyone else has said, if you live out here you either have to be patient or willing to spend through the nose. For US cabs (Dynamos, Big Blues, Big Reds, etc.), you can find those on the EC somewhat frequently but for candies, you pretty much have to get real lucky and know people or be willing to drop $2,000 on a cab that would be half that in CA. Up to you.

This is why i jumped on a sega bass fishing with a questionable monitor. It was cheap - $350 (300 after a bit of trade) and in reasonably good shape. With what it needs, I'll clock in at around 700, spread over several months. That's a number I can live with at a payout rate I can swing.

If I had to wait to save up to import from Ken, it would be quite awhile before I could purchase. Like 12-14 months. Not everyone can be ballers like some of you guys, hehe

Bass fishings are great ways to get a cheap candy. :D

I live in DFW...I have some candies.....heres what I paid.

Astro city (missing monitor, front door, and back cover, and harness), and Megalo 410 with dead projection chassis = 600
OK baby - complete but not working - 125
Super Neo 29 - missing front door, header insert, coin return bezel, control panel hinge, and monitor - 150$
Tekken 5 (stand/sit american cab) - 375 (practically stole this.....had an operator going OOB, and had to have it gone)
Atomiswave SD - complete, working, no keys, very clean -800 (picked up in Houston)
Neo Candy 29 - beautiful condition, except panels has bolt holes for US sticks...600

I have had options on the following locally as well

Sega Versus city (dual cabinet) - 1600 (Houston)
Namco Excellena w/namco classics board -900
Egret 29 in very rough shape - 400
OK Baby (sprayed black, 25" monitor and 60n1) 1000
and I know there is at least one Cyberlead locally, as well as a few other NAC's, and several Aero's in both Dallas and Austin.

We have the Gulf port...but Texas is NOT the candy capital of anywhere....I still have found all this....the East coast has to have more options out there, you just need to find the right group of people to get involved with. :D

OK, update time! So I finally got a Candy Cab.(internal high pitch squeal) I found a Sega Blast City in great condition. The funny thing is that I got it from a guy that lives 20 mins away from me (what are the odds?). Therefore, I didn't have to drive a couple of states away to get it. I had to drop $1K though. Which isn't bad for the east-coast. My alternatives were get one from ken for around $1500-2000 or have one shipped from the west-coast for cost+ $700 S/H. I think I came out OK.
Y3PK4Z1

Attachments

• Y3PK4Z1.jpg
    Y3PK4Z1.jpg
    853.1 KB · Views: 82
I agree, that looks like you did just fine, especially since time and gas are money and that was practically next door. Point is now you have it so you get a break from endless searching, at least until the next time! :D

CONGRATULATIONS!

Am glad you found something you will be happy with, and hopefully enjoy for many years to come.

Congreats man:) once you get one, you want more.. Keep your eyes open until you house is full with candy cabs:)

Congreats man:) once you get one, you want more.. Keep your eyes open until you house is full with candy cabs:)
See my post above!....Started with that one Tekken 5 sit down, then the atomiswave for tate....then it just kept piling on. :D

Back