How many would you preorder/buy?

Votes: 31 23.8%

Votes: 82 63.1%

Votes: 5 3.8%

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • 5+

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
Happy to help with pricing and quantity issues to make this happen, please hit me up here or armi0024@gmail.com
Thanks for the offer. These will be fabbed/produced regardless, so there are no worries of these not being available. We are just gauging public interest at the moment. We will open up preorders once we have assembled/tested the first test spinners being built currently. We want to make sure the quality/feel is on par or better than the original or pretty darn close. Now if someone wants to order 200+ units at the current price, you have our attention :D

Hello people
Thanks for your interest for this project.
Today i got the metal parts fron cnc cut. Tomorrow is bending day :P
I beleive the first prototype will be ready in 7 days. Then i will share some pictures and video. At the end, that will ship to @Derick2k when Im sure its working. I dont have Cps hardware for now. @Derick2k can test it or find someone to test :)

So, people ask me about vewlix control panel for the spinner. Im sorry but original spinner cannot fit original vewlix cabinet.

My plan is create a Sega Style panel for spinners. I know there is an artwork which made by @codecrank, but i think about something special panel for this.

I have a project in my mind very long time. I want to create a NesicaxLive Control panel.
There are too many vendors created some vewlix panels, but most of them are UV printed or printed on Chrome pvc.

But the original vewlix panel is made by Screen print technic. That mirror effect is some kind of INK which very very special and expensive to get it. I remember, ıt was 1200 Euros only for 1kg :) . Thats why nobody cannot do repro as original.

Normally I dont create any repro for vewlix panels because Taito still selling them. But this one is different. I will make it for spinners.

Please check the picture to see what panel im talking about.

Im waiting your opinions

Thanks.

Attachments

• b337472076.1.jpg
    b337472076.1.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 128
  • b337472076.2.jpg
    b337472076.2.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 126
I'm confused, are you saying you want to do a NesicaXLive themed panel for the Spinners?

I can't speak for others but I would not want that panel. the NesicaXLive panels are not very difficult to find, and I would not want a Taito-Themed Capcom Spinner Panel.

I'm confused, are you saying you want to do a NesicaXLive themed panel for the Spinners?

I can't speak for others but I would not want that panel. the NesicaXLive panels are not very difficult to find, and I would not want a Taito-Themed Capcom Spinner Panel.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Thats why im asking you guys :)
It was only an idea :P
I just think about it like you and trying to make the right decision.

I am certainly interested. Selfishly, I'd want a repro mini cute cp prepped for these. I'd also be excited whether know these will work with the F3 board..

I'd also be excited whether know these will work with the F3 board..
they should, yes

Does anyone know the PPR (Pulses Per Revolution) for the Capcom spinners? it could be calculated if you know the tooth count for each gear and the window count for the encoder wheel.

I'd imagine it's the same or very close but it would be good to know for a solid speed/sensativity comparison with the more common Taito Spinners.

IIRC the Taito Spinners are around 450PPR but I could calculate a more exact number for comparison. Taito 4-Gear Spinners have 20.25:1 (72-tooth to 16-tooth x2) gear ratio and a 24-window encoder wheel for a PPR of 486. Looking at photos of the Capcom Spinners it appears to have the same exact gear/wheel setup

Electrically these spinners should work with any normal spinner game (Arkanoid Series, Cameltry, etc.) , or any game that uses a 360-deg steering wheel (ie: Super Off Road, Super Sprint, Drift Out, Great 1000 Mile Rally, etc.)

I actually compiled a list of spinner games a while back so here's a list of what should work with these spinners: https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/arcade-games-that-use-or-can-be-used-with-a-spinner.3678/

Last edited:
But the original vewlix panel is made by Screen print technic. That mirror effect is some kind of INK which very very special and expensive to get it. I remember, ıt was 1200 Euros only for 1kg :) . Thats why nobody cannot do repro as original.
Mirror ink is expensive! It gets used now for pinball printing, the old method of doing mirrored backglasses is really toxic. I would say it's maybe 90% as good as the original mirroring.

I'm not in on this project, so I don't feel like my voice should count for much, but I have to back twistedsymphony here, those panels are not that rare. Or honestly that appealing imo. NesicaXLive is kind of a shitty service, the card reader part of the panel is useless at home, and Taito is not only the wrong brand for the game, the Nesica part is totally the wrong era. I don't think the pairing is going to be something people are interested in.

Maybe as a separate project? I had them on a pair of NNC I was storing for a friend, and it's a look. Just not my personal favorite for home use.

IMG_1355.JPG

Ok guys dont hit me anymore, im dead :P :D :D
Im joking of course.

So i understand what do you mean guys, and lets stick to plan for the original artwork ;)

Ok guys dont hit me anymore, im dead :P :D :D
Im joking of course.

So i understand what do you mean guys, and lets stick to plan for the original artwork ;)
Maybe change up the original Capcom Japanese artwork a bit? Use that "mirror" ink in places? If you want to make your own, why not? Can always try and see how it works out :D

Maybe change up the original Capcom Japanese artwork a bit? Use that "mirror" ink in places?
yeah if you picked certain shapes to make reflective that would probably look quite cool!

looking at code crank's graphic if the "white" ink areas were mirror instead it would have a very cool effect I think.

I agree, the original FW / codecrank artwork is very appealing! If you wanna do something original, take the original and put a light spin on it.

I will take 2 spinners and a complete Astro City control panel if this becomes available.
Also, did anybody think about making a case with the stick, spinner, buttons, etc so people can use it with their supergun ? Not everybody have an arcade machine but a lot of people have superguns. This would increase the amount of people interested in this project. I will also get one of these ones if somebody decides to make them.
Thanks,
\o/.k.

I will take 2 spinners and a complete Astro City control panel if this becomes available.
Also, did anybody think about making a case with the stick, spinner, buttons, etc so people can use it with their supergun ? Not everybody have an arcade machine but a lot of people have superguns. This would increase the amount of people interested in this project. I will also get one of these ones if somebody decides to make them.
Thanks,
\o/.k.

This is my second project to make it for Arcade Stick and Vewlix Panels. It will be shorter version of the spinner. But first we have to finish this project to understand how many people interest or worth it ;)

Back