How many would you preorder/buy?

Votes: 31 23.8%

Votes: 82 63.1%

Votes: 5 3.8%

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • 5+

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
So i will have the plastic injection mold for those gears, that means, i will have thousands of the gears :D . I can sell the Gear Kits seperately too ;)
...isn't this something that can easily be 3d printed?

Plastic that's 30 years old breaking. After extensive use in an arcade?! You don't say...

Hi : All

Just a side note. As i am unfamiliar with playing forgotten worlds.
Is there a preferred preference when playing with the spinner button portion.
How do most people use the button incorporated within it.
Is it a finger, thumb or do you twist with both and push down at the sane time.

PS : ( again thank you hurist and derick for your input into this project. Plus anyone i did not mention. Appreciated greatly. Best wishes in your future all. )

Regards
Euphoria
:)

A little update :)

1. I have an original Forgotten Worlds pcb on loan from a generous member here on the way to test with, so it will hopefully arrive this weekend or early next week.
  2. I have spoken with Jotego, and we will be most likely sending him a repro spinner so he can test/verify integration/support with his CPS1 core for the MiSTer, he has done the work to ingrate the missing hardware into the core, but still needs to test it.
  3. I have been in contact with @Darksoft to verify spinner support for the CPS1 Multi will be implemented, and he has verified that it will be. So yeah, don't forget to get your CPS1 multi when its ready.
  4. As @hursit has already stated, injection molds for the plastic parts are almost ready to go.

I hope to have a video of the spinner in action on real hardware uploaded sometime early next week.

Expect preorders to open up soon :thumbup:

Lastly, something that looks amazing, came by way of @alberto1225. Using @codecrank design/art, thank you for the those!
And it is gorgeous, I can not thank him enough for getting this done so quickly. I would honestly say this is a factory panel, actually, probably better. I don't even want to peel of the protective film on it :D
unknown.png

Thanks for the Update @Derick2k

One update from me

Im working on a new Design for the control panel too. The new, custom artwork.

There will be 2 different control panel options i will sell together

1- @codecrank design if i get permission from him
2- My own design.

I will release the details very soon

Last edited:
Thanks for the Update @Derick2k

One update from me

Im working on a new Design for the control panel too. The new, custom artwork.

There will be 2 different control panel options i will sell together

1- @codecrank design if i get permission from him
2- My own design.

I will release the details very soon
Definitely most excellent news. Super excited to see what you come up with. I think a new design is needed.
Im not a big fan of the original US/WORLD one, and the JP while being MUCH better and the one I would want of the two, it doesn't really tie into the game for me, its like its missing something.

I think even metal gears will wear down eventually if not faster if not greased properly. Pretty sure It all depends on the composition of the plastic used. Usually its UV/Humidity/Heat that causes the most problems in plastic. Then again I'm no material engineer. I'm pretty sure those gears will outlive me though. When will they be ready if you don't mind me asking?

This community is absolutely ridiculously awesome. custom control panel? reproduction rare as hell arcade parts? multis for old arcade hardware? TONS of helpful people. I'm glad to be a small part of it. I look forward to see this project get into people's hands!

As I'm a old man and based in the UK, my cabs are all wooden and therefore have 18mm thick panels. Anyone know if these spinners can be mounted in thicker panels?

Hi : r-type
As I'm a old man and based in the UK, my cabs are all wooden and therefore have 18mm thick panels. Anyone know if these spinners can be mounted in thicker panels?
I am glad their is a demographic that likes wood out there.
Too much push on plastic and metal these days. Glad someone asked a great question.

Btw : wood is my preference for cabs. Though for the bally sente sac1 cabinets. I would take an original cabinet.

Regards
Euphoria
:)

The original design was not meant to be used on thick panels. But maybe @hursit can make a shaft extension? not sure how that would work though.

Back