What's new

war3zlod3r

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I had a CPS1 board I was messing around with (some bootleg SF2 CE) I sort of left out and on the floor in my game room and well... my wife's chihuahua peed on it ||. I took the three boards apart and went over them with isopropyl and Q tips several times to clean it but some of the contacts on the board mainly around the legs of alot of resistors are showing corrosion and rust. What can I use to clean these? Is it safe to use DEOXIT on these parts?

You can make a paste of baking soda/distilled water, apply it/work into the corrosion and let it sit 20-30 minutes and then scrub/rinse it away with more distilled water. Dyr it off and then apply some deoxit if needed

You can also scrub it with toilet cleaner, like $2 at home depot, make sure its the brand below.
Wear gloves, pour a good amount over the corrosion and scrub away with a toothbruh, etc.. should remove the corrosion almost immediately. Risne the board well, dry it and follow up with a little deoxit if you want. Im not joking about the this method, the acid in this stuff will remove the corrosion, and should not damage anything else.

Have your wife train the ankle biting/noise maker :D

1632515914759.png

Thanks a lot @Derick2k I really appreciate the support. I tested it earlier and everything seems to work so I’ll take it all apart and try this method. Was worried I didn’t have my donor board for the multi anymore!

Back