What's new
Want To Buy

Primetrib

Beginner
Reaction score
EDIT: I'm not longer looking for these items. Thanks to everyone who helped me out!

I'm looking to buy a Vewlix/Chewlix or Astro City control panel for a custom build I'm working on.

Something like these :

Untitled-2.png

1653943060590.png

• Flexible on colors and condition.
  • Can be original or reproduction.
  • 2p or 1p, preferably 2p.
  • Stick, buttons, wiring, PCBs NOT required. Just need enclosure.
I live in US (west coast). Any guidance on where to find something like this is welcome. Thanks!

Last edited:
Is your build wooden? Any reason to not use the Kraylix / DMyers plans?

Thanks for posting this! I've never used to yahoo Japan auctions before. Since there's only a day left on the auction, and I'm not in a rush, I'm going to pass on this one. Good site to regularly check in on though.
Sure thing. If you're inclined, you can use a proxy service to bid, purchase and ship the item to you. buyee & fromjapan are both services I've used in the past to purchase stuff from YAJ

Edit: Also forgot to mention there's a user on this forum, @Joko3 , who can possibly help get stuff from Japan

Last edited:
Its going to be very VERY expensive to follow thru with this...

Just the CP surround of the Vewlix cost me 380$ from Taito, NOT including the metal base place, NOT including the back plate, NOT including the plastic sides, NOT including the control plate its self (that was another 300$), NOT including sticks or buttons, NOT including wire harnesses.

By my best estimation you'll spend as much (or more) just for the control portion of a Vewlix as you would for a ENTIRE Vewlix itself.
If you've ever purchased many spare parts at a car junk yard you know what I'm talking about.

Maybe you could get a deal on a cab with a busted/destroyed monitor, take what you need from it and flip the rest of the parts here.

Though I do see entire fully assembled CPs with surround pop up on YAJ regularly.
I've never used YAJ, not once.
All my major replacement cab parts (so far) have come from Taito Parts Division direct/brand new.

The only things I've purchased used were JVS power/wire harnesses and Sega JVS IOs (to replace my official Taito JVS IOs).
Wish I could have gotten the actual cab brand new... Thos lucky Diamond Black guys... *shakes fist*

It's certainly an option to buy new (and impressive dedication!) but if OP doesn't mind "less than perfect" going used from YAJ will be far cheaper and the "costs almost as much as a cab" doesn't really apply. When the surrounds appear on YAJ, even including the control panel they go for a few hundred USD from what I recall. Add another couple hundred for shipping probably.

I would just buy a freakin Vewlix though, it's what you're going to end up wanting anyway.

I would just buy a freakin Vewlix though, it's what you're going to end up wanting anyway.
That^ 100%

Even if he decided to ditch the cab after the fact, a guy could MAKE MONEY flipping some rare/desirable parts here.
  • Doors/hatches
  • Illumination panels (F/FC only)
  • Wire harnesses
  • Lock tangs
  • Move strip glass
  • Marque plexi
All these parts are rare/hard to get, Taito won't even sell most of these regardless of how much you are willing to pay them.
I've often thought about buying another VLX just to strip it for parts, both for myself and to resell for profits.

True. I would if I could :( a full cab at the moment is a space / appearance issue in my current place. This is kind of a compromise. Way down the road I'll definitely be getting one.

Back