What's new

groovefurnisher

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi all,

Firstly, this is my first post on this or any forum, so I apologies for any miss posting I am doing.

I have a few questions which I've tried to find the answers to on the forum, but couldn't quite see an exact answer, or I simply don't quite understand it all. Apologies again if it is there and I simply didn't see it.

I'm about to buy my first Vewlix C cabinet, well my first cabinet ever.

I'm planning on running a Type X3 inside it, and from what I can tell I should have all the required connections in a C Cabinet, but just wanted to check with people who will know much more about this than me.

From reading around the internet I understand these are Japanese cabs and I will require a stepdown transformer to run it in the UK.

I'm just a little confused on all of this to be honest. Will I need a stepdown for the X3 too, or do they both run from the same Stepdown, and also what kind of Stepdown transformer should I be looking at?

Anyone who has done this already ,in the Uk, and could point me in the right directions would be great.

Thanks and apologies again if this is miss posted.

Yes - I’ve had a C in the past and currently own a Diamond Blue - that transformer is the one I own.

You can go much cheaper, but it’s false economy - in my experience even the ones at £30/40 either seem to overheat or emit an annoying buzzing noise

Yes - I’ve had a C in the past and currently own a Diamond Blue - that transformer is the one I own.

You can go much cheaper, but it’s false economy - in my experience even the ones at £30/40 either seem to overheat or emit an annoying buzzing noise
Thankyou again

Not wanting to turn this into 20 Questions, but was there anything you came across with either of your cabs which I should look for when I go on Friday to pick a machine? I'm not to worried about cosmetic things, as that to be expected with a used machine.

Not really - they’re still pretty reliable machines machines as they’re not that old in the grand scheme of things. Most stuff that goes wrong with them can be replaced fairly easily too

What I would look for is that the machine comes with either a Fast I/O or a JVS I/O, if you’re planning on using a Type X - these are often removed from the cabs and sold off separately. For JVS there’s an additional internal power supply required too, which again is often removed

Not really - they’re still pretty reliable machines machines as they’re not that old in the grand scheme of things. Most stuff that goes wrong with them can be replaced fairly easily too

What I would look for is that the machine comes with either a Fast I/O or a JVS I/O, if you’re planning on using a Type X - these are often removed from the cabs and sold off separately. For JVS there’s an additional internal power supply required too, which again is often removed
Will check all of that out. Thankyou so much for taking to time to answer all these Qs. It can feel like a bit of a minefield to be honest.

UK here too + Vewlix newbie also. +1 for airlink transformers. I've just got two Dia Blues that I'm running off a single UK-JA0750.

A UK-JA0250 250va stepdown will be fine unless you're looking to run a beefy PC from inside the cabinet, you may want something a little more headroom in that case like the UK-JA0500.

Along with 100v arcade hardware I'll be running a PC and consoles in mine which I'm sorting multi/auto voltage PSUs for. I'll run them off a UK power strip but it will be connected to the 100V input from the cab. That way there is only one power cable going to each cab.

UK here too + Vewlix newbie also. +1 for airlink transformers. I've just got two Dia Blues that I'm running off a single UK-JA0750.

A UK-JA0250 250va stepdown will be fine unless you're looking to run a beefy PC from inside the cabinet, you may want something a little more headroom in that case like the UK-JA0500.

Along with 100v arcade hardware I'll be running a PC and consoles in mine which I'm sorting multi/auto voltage PSUs for. I'll run them off a UK power strip but it will be connected to the 100V input from the cab. That way there is only one power cable going to each cab.
Hey Franco.

I'm not planning on running anything other than an X3 inside it. I do have a MAME cab already, but I don't really count that as its basically a PC in a wooden box, with a PC and an iPac.

This Vewlix stuff feels a lot more complected , with different power supply for different bits, IO's, step-downs etc.

Theres some great info on this forum, but I'm not sure I actually understand it all at the moment.

Unless the previous owner has seriously messed with the wiring, the setup you’re going for should essentially be plug and play - all you’ll need to do is plug stuff into the back of the TTX - the VGA cable that runs down from the back of the monitor, the 3.5mm jack that comes out from the audio amp (mounted immediately behind the coin mech), along with the RJ45 (Ethernet) cable that runs from the Fast I/O

Beyond that it’s just a case of plugging the TTX3 power cable into the service outlet inside the cab and you’re good to go

Unless the previous owner has seriously messed with the wiring, the setup you’re going for should essentially be plug and play - all you’ll need to do is plug stuff into the back of the TTX - the VGA cable that runs down from the back of the monitor, the 3.5mm jack that comes out from the audio amp (mounted immediately behind the coin mech), along with the RJ45 (Ethernet) cable that runs from the Fast I/O

Beyond that it’s just a case of plugging the TTX3 power cable into the service outlet inside the cab and you’re good to go
I'm crossing my fingers for it being relatively painless. I am picking the cab and X3 from the same person, although not currently connected, so I'm hoping I can check all the cables are there before committing to anything.

Thankyou so much for all the messages. What a pleasant place this is. To be honest I was expecting the usual "just google for it" answers, so thank you for taking the time to actually write constructive stuff.

Will be spending a lot of time on here I can see.

I'm crossing my fingers for it being relatively painless. I am picking the cab and X3 from the same person, although not currently connected, so I'm hoping I can check all the cables are there before committing to anything.

Thankyou so much for all the messages. What a pleasant place this is. To be honest I was expecting the usual "just google for it" answers, so thank you for taking the time to actually write constructive stuff.

Will be spending a lot of time on here I can see.

If buying from the same person, I hope they would plug it in and show you that they are both working together.

If they are unwilling, there may be something missing then.

I would check a few to make sure you get one with the best screen, also the control panel is important to get one you like or expect to spend a £100 more on a reproduction.

you buying from Mo? He’s a good guy.

As above I would ask the guy to plug in the X3 so you test, I have a similar cab with an X2 it takes seconds to plug in and power up so definitely get a demo of it working.

I would check a few to make sure you get one with the best screen, also the control panel is important to get one you like or expect to spend a £100 more on a reproduction.

you buying from Mo? He’s a good guy.

As above I would ask the guy to plug in the X3 so you test, I have a similar cab with an X2 it takes seconds to plug in and power up so definitely get a demo of it working.
hey, yes it is Mo I've been talking too. He defo seems to know his stuff. I will defo get him to hook it all up so I can check the screen for burn and other stuff. he said he has 30 machines so I'm guessing I should be able to find one suitable for my needs.

Ive got some spare sticks and buttons from my MAME build, so I should have enough to swap out anything that's not great, along as the panel itself is in good condition.

Buttons and sticks are cheap and easy to get, screens and control panels not so much.

hey, Im based near Birmingham unfortunately, but thank you for the kind offer.

how are you getting on with that combination? C and X3?
It's been great, I have the X3 and a Steam PC hooked up so I can play the older stuff and modern without issue, Had it for nearly 10 years now. Great cabs

Back