What's new

Darksoft

Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
I've noticed that some models of Konami PCs have the same TEM100-01B that the TTX2 uses. I replaced the BIOS but no luck, it won't boot, just black screen. I had to write the original Konami BIOS back so it would boot again.

So question is.....has anyone successfully converted a Konami PC or a TEM100-01B to a TTX2?

I know there are some TTX2 models that have a regular TEM100-01B mobo. How do these work? Maybe the BIOS is different on those TTX2 with refilar TEM100-01B mobo. Has anyone dumped the BIOS and NVRAM from these?

Last edited:
I've talked to some people that have also seen some TX2 running on TEM100 and probably the one running TX2 is a TEM101.

I know there are some TTX2 models that have a regular TEM100-01B mobo. How do these work? Maybe the BIOS is different on those TTX2 with refilar TEM100-01B mobo. Has anyone dumped the BIOS and NVRAM from these?
Does someone have a TX2 with a TEM100 or TEM101? Please contact me if you do?

Thanks.

Yes, it should be pretty obvious look here:

s-l1600.jpg

I've had some TTX2 mobos here, but none had a populated IDE port nor the TEM100 print on it. (TAITO Type X2 logo instead). Everything else on your picture looks identical at first sight.
I've had issues with TTX2 mobos not finishing the POST due to TPM chip issues (see here). Basically the TPM initialization is part of the BIOS startup sequence. You could try it with a TPM IC either blank or from a working TTX2 mobo along with the TTX2 BIOS.
If it helps I could send you my working dump of a 8Mbit TTX2 BIOS.

Good info. Thanks. Your PCB is original if it has the TAITO Logo, while that one is an off-the-shelf version. It probably has also TPM but with different keys. The problem is that it didnt even boot if I wrote the TX2 BIOS on it. I flashed it and after noticing that didnt work I desoldered and could notice that the flash was written properly, what makes me think that there is something else different. Maybe that TPM chip.

Btw, I heard that this PCB works well for running a TX2 Multi as the multi doesnt need the TPM to boot. I have one for sale right now if someone is interested.

The problem is that it didnt even boot if I wrote the TX2 BIOS on it.
As stated above I've had a TPM IC issue with a TTX2 mobo not booting as well - stayed in a POST loop and constantly reset, without anything on the screen. You can easily watch that with a POST diagnostic card. So basically a non-working TPM can cause the TTX2 not to boot at all.

Back