What's new
dont you mean three types that want a kaneko multi..

3) people that want to play gals panic without having to buy the carts and being thought to be pervy....

dont you mean three types that want a kaneko multi..3) people that want to play gals panic without having to buy the carts and being thought to be pervy....
:D The original GalsPanic carts are relatively cheap so I guess it's not worth a multi only for them (it's nothing like Cyvern for example), but you are right about the pervy part :thumbsup:

Gals Panic games do actually hold some value... if you search Kaneko on YAJ you get this: https://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/search...8&fixed=0&ei=UTF-8&slider=0&auccat=2084047781

45 mahjong carts
8 VS Block Breaker carts
and 4 Puzz Loop cars

all at $10 a piece and they've all been sitting there un-purchased for months.

When Gals Panic carts do pop up they tend to fetch about $75-$100.

Cyvern seemed to go for $600+ the one time I did see it pop up, I've yet to see any Sengeki Striker, Guts'n or Sen Know carts carts become available Really those are the only 4 games on the platform that I think anyone really cares about, and really most people only want Cyvern and Sengeki Striker.

I'm confident in my smd soldering, but not so much programming. If anyone makes their own CVS2 cart could you throw the bin files my way?

e: Nevermind, looks like CVS2 doesn't require any modification since the second 4MB chunk of IC0 is empty, might attempt this in the future.

I guess my second question would be if you could use MT28F800B3SG-9Bs over the more expensive 26L6420s.

e2: actually.. the MX26L6420s are cheaper on aliexpress.

Last edited:
28f800 are 1mb.. 26l6420 are 8mb. Theres no compare :D

I have found that my adapter is not programming my ics in the right way :(
I got the proms but i cannot write them yet... i'm working around it.. hopefully

the best is to get the adapter. The plan B is to force the higher address lines to high or low and program the 8 'parts' of the chip....

Think i have to made a new one for the top3000... because my tl866a is stuck on 16bit for the 29gl064.. he do not care about the 8bit mode, even by forcing the BYTE/ to low. Ive tryed to force the offset but it told me out of range, no more than 400000 is allowed (and i need 800000 offset).
I then found that my top3000 has a similar ic but with offset till 80000.. problem is that i have to wire it again and i do not have the adaptor (ordered few days ago).
This adapter is tsop48 to dip48 but i could not figure out the pins until i hve the adapter itself

Hopefully you can figure out a workaround, I have a cheapo 48 pin programmer and it doesn't look like it supports these proms in the software. Won't know until I get mine though. I may have to step up to a $300 programmer to do this.

e: I took the plunge on a expensive programmer that can natively do these proms, I have an idea for cleanly delivering 3.3v to all the proms without lifting legs as well. Now I just have to wait for all my stuff to get here from China.

Last edited:
Finally got some flash IC's and as I've got a broken heavy metal geomatrix cart, I thought I'd give this a go for fun.

HOWEVER, is there some hackery involved in extracting stuff from CHD's these days?

My old way of extracting cue/bin with chdman is not working, and track3 seems to be rubbish? Tried with fresh mame 0.189 and corresponding CHD's for it.

I don't want a net-boot patched game on the cart..

I dont think there is any hackery, you just need to make sure you use the ricght chdman version with the right chd file.

There is hackery, you have got to use the correct extension like this.

>chdman extractcd -f -i gdl-0005.chd -o game.gdi -ob game.bin

This will create 4 files:

game.gdi
game.gdi01.bin
game.gdi02.raw
game.gdi03.bin

Load game.gdi from GDROM-Explorer and select the High Density track.

I used darksoft's guide, I had to use an older version of GDI-Explorer, 1.5.1 to actually read track3.bin properly though.

My flash proms showed up but I needed to sign for them for some reason, I can't make my cart until probably Wednesday.

I used darksoft's guide, I had to use an older version of GDI-Explorer, 1.5.1 to actually read track3.bin properly though.

My flash proms showed up but I needed to sign for them for some reason, I can't make my cart until probably Wednesday.
My guide was using chdman 165 @MetalliC will update my notes, thanks!

@pzlate GDI Explorer version 1.63 has fixed the track03 issue. If you still have the same issues with 1.63 let us know.

My guide was using chdman 165 @MetalliC will update my notes, thanks!
@pzlate GDI Explorer version 1.63 has fixed the track03 issue. If you still have the same issues with 1.63 let us know.
I still get "no valid file-system found" when trying to open my track 03.bin. Works fine in the 1.5.1 version of the software. I did dump my chd with chdman 151 though, maybe that's why?

Please use the latest CHDs released and let us know your results.

There was a critical issue with chdman at some point which led to the redump of a lot of GD-ROMs.

I cannot remember the exact version though.

The solderwork is indeed a little fidgety. Gave it a go last night, and could not get it to work. Haven't really done any trouble-shooting yet, apart from measuring voltages. Could be I messed up the offsets or order for all I know.

Good thing I went for Ikaruga, as I initially planned for Under defeat - but that would be 20 flash IC's which would be a major PITA. I've never been good with running jumper wire.

This is a few hours of bodge-work that at resulted in error 01: game not accepted :)

vlcsnap-2017-09-04-08h59m05s425.jpg

Last edited:
Back