What's new

BlinG

Grand Master
Reaction score
I just got a Punisher CPS1.5 in a trade with someone here locally. However I am completely clueless on this particular capcom board as I have never owned one before.

1. This board does not have the attachment that connects the Qsound and a-board together. Is this needed only for Q-sound or does it not boot unless attached?
2. Is the A-board no different than a CPS dash board used for Champion edition?
3. When the board suicides, what occurs? Is the battery on the Top board?
4. What are the options to bring the board back to life if suicide?

2) A board is essentially the same, but without any sound components as far as I know, this is all on the qsound board

1) so as per the above, even if it would boot, it would lack audio without the interconnect board

4) This too in due course: InfiniKey-CPS1

PascalP said:
A board is essentially the same, but without any sound components as far as I know, this is all on the qsound board
Aye, missing the bits and bobs in the bottom right corner
Punisher_Internal_2.jpg

Last edited:
2) A board is essentially the same, but without any sound components as far as I know, this is all on the qsound board

1) so as per the above, even if it would boot, it would lack audio without the interconnect board
Is there a source to get an interconnect board repro or would I need to source one on YAJ?

Good luck with that... don’t think they will be easy to come by?
Or someone must be parting a broken game.

also makes me wondering how it got missing in the first place?

Are you sure it's a real Punisher and not some sort of boot or conversion?

Can you post pictures?

Are you sure it's a real Punisher and not some sort of boot or conversion?

Can you post pictures?
No it's not a bootleg. All the original roms and mask are in place and the boards are identical to legit CPS1.5 hardware.

I will post pics later tonight

Good luck with that... don’t think they will be easy to come by?
Or someone must be parting a broken game.

also makes me wondering how it got missing in the first place?
At least it's easy to repro.

So an update on this....

After inspecting the board it looks like someone attempted to suicide fix this, but just never finished the job or didn't know what they were doing. C-board already had wire running from custom to 5v and battery was removed. Original program roms were still in sockets, so I removed them and added custom roms that were provided from dead battery society.

Q-sound board was only half done. Jumper wire from kabuki to new program rom was in place, but program rom was missing. So I burned new 27C020 with files provided from dead battery society. Person who tried to cut traces on kabuki cut way more than they needed to so I had to run 6 jumper wires to repair traces. It looks hella ugly, but at least with the boards stacked you can't really see it.

Q-sound board needs to have 12v and ground in order for the game to run so I connected a 15/30 edge connector and ran the 12v and ground directly to the power supply for testing purposes.

Fired it up...and I get full game!

whISyxH.jpg

KPY10ps.jpg

Super excited to get this board up and running. Thought it was almost a lost cause...

Back