What's new
Received my kit about a week ago and finally found some bandwidth to do the install. No real hiccups even for an admitted amateur such as myself. If I can do it, anyone can do it.

Components:
  • SF2 CE (USA) w/ dash 12mhz A board
  • 92641C-1 C board (unmolested, purchased from I believe sheep_nova?)
  • old 2GB SanDisk microSD

Only "mod work" done was the wire soldering and removal of the C board battery. Everything else was straightforward according to the instructions and forum support resources.

Now I wait impatiently for the necessary add-ons (spinner interface, 3p + 4p adapter, dual crystal board, proper case). It's ok, been waiting impatiently for about 5 years and now we're here finally. This is especially sweet for me, as the donor SF2 CE was my first ever board and it came with the cab in pics, which was also my first. Everything feels complete now.

Big thanks to @Darksoft and everyone else who made this possible. Gonna be a fun holiday weekend for me.

20220526_100540.jpg

20220526_102151.jpg

20220526_103051.jpg

Great update to the guide! I see now that I likely reversed the wires in my Multi Tutorial video - I used Red for Reset, and that likely explains why I had so little slack in my Reset wire. I'll see if I can redo it and update the tutorial video...

I also probably installed the wires wrong (due to following the video guide I guess), which meant one of the cable is very very tight. Guess I should swap them

Where can we report bugs?
Not sure if this has been covered yet but...

Mega Twins (USA)
On a 12mhz-A

Minor grafix glitches in the last background layer of level 2 (Cave level in-between the pillars).
Flickering credits/picture-tiles on the ending/completion sequence.

Where can we report bugs?
Not sure if this has been covered yet but...

Mega Twins (USA)
On a 12mhz-A

Minor grafix glitches in the last background layer of level 2 (Cave level in-between the pillars).
Flickering credits/picture-tiles on the ending/completion sequence.
All issues go on the support thread,

But that bug is known

1653592827324.png

Didn't mention the ending credits flickering, but yea its prob known as well.
Yup, report on the support thread still, but I think its most likely related to the same bug.

Another wrench will be the A boards, these things are like what 30+ years old now.

If I can do it, anyone can do it.
That's the spirit. Where have you been all my life?
Only "mod work" done was the wire soldering and removal of the C board battery. Everything else was straightforward according to the instructions and forum support resources.
There is new instructions just released today! Even better.
Big thanks to @Darksoft and everyone else who made this possible. Gonna be a fun holiday weekend for me.
Enjoy!
Guess I should swap them
Good idea.
@Epyc is trying to see if anyone else is having this glitch:
All games have been extensively tested. That glitch would be like a punch in the nuts. We would have noticed. the problem is most probably in your setup.

All games have been extensively tested. That glitch would be like a punch in the nuts. We would have noticed. the problem is most probably in your setup.
Yup! We are leaning towards the problem being with the A board?! Every other game works, besides the known bugs of course.

At some point you are gonna have to make repro A boards :D

That would involve replacing 30 years old A-01 with a brand new FPGA.
No lottery? :whistling:;)

In all seriousness I have a dead custom A-board (Short 10mhz) I've been holding on to for just such a project (should it ever come to pass).

Back