What's new

rewrite

Multi Boyz Litigator
Immortal
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
I've got a CPS2 A board that makes some pretty awesome lines in one of the background layers of any game attached to it. All B boards work fine on other A boards, but every B board does weird things on this particular A board.

Anyone have any ideas where to start? I've of course reseated/tightened connections and pressed on the boards while running, all the usual tricks.

I'm not terribly worried about this board, but if I can fix it up it'd be nice to pass on to someone who needs one.

ID6YTAd.jpg

Sometimes the board does not seat properly no matter how hard you push the two together. I have one like that. I needed to remove the B board from the case and place it directly onto the A board. Then it worked fine.

I'll try that in a bit then, all B boards worked fine on other A boards, just not this one..

I'll try that in a bit then, all B boards worked fine on other A boards, just not this one..
Verify that no pin in the connectors is bent. I had that problem when I got my A+B boards. They were sold to me as broken, but all it needed was fixing a bent pin and phoenixing it.

Verify that no pin in the connectors is bent.
This is very common. The four connectors on the A-board are prone to getting bent pins.
Well, that's it. 2 COMPLETELY messed up pins. They got crushed into little "C" shapes :(. Going to post it for cost of shipping for whomever wants to fix it as I don't have the means to replace pins in a socket like that.

Now onto my Punisher issues (just resurrected both Q-Sound and game boards but it makes a god-awful hum through the speakers as long as the cab's on)! Going to look into one broken board at a time until I don't have any more to worry about!

Last edited:
Verify that no pin in the connectors is bent.
This is very common. The four connectors on the A-board are prone to getting bent pins.
Well, that's it. 2 COMPLETELY messed up pins. They got crushed into little "C" shapes :(. Going to post it for cost of shipping for whomever wants to fix it as I don't have the means to replace pins in a socket like that.
Maybe you can solder wires to join the points that would make contact. Maybe the boards would not be separable anymore but it would work.

Back