What's new

srtten

Student
Reaction score
Does anyone else think reproduction CPS2 B Boards should be made. I would buy one and I know a few other people that need them. And not the dark soft cases. I mean the original shape and color.

Attachments

• IMG_5296.png
    IMG_5296.png
    577.4 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_5295.png
    IMG_5295.png
    532 KB · Views: 48
What about 3 - D printing? From my experience it would be too flimsy.

What about 3 - D printing? From my experience it would be too flimsy.
You won't find an average home 3D printer nearly that large, and to fork out for time on an industrial one would probably have these way way into a cost prohibitive area.

Those molds have been turned into scrap metal ages ago.
We don't know that, Capcom japan was still reviving cps3 carts well into the 2010s and someone found the security programming hardware for cps2 before infinikey existed.

We don't know that, Capcom japan was still reviving cps3 carts well into the 2010s and someone found the security programming hardware for cps2 before infinikey existed.
Capcom ( Japan ) would only revive Japanese region boards posted from Japanese addresses. As far as I'm aware they no longer offer this service. All other regions were abandoned. From what I know Capcom aren't very helpful with much these days.

Ed Cross reverse engineered the CPS1 / 1.5 and CPS2 security hardware. It's all documented on his arcade hacker site.

There's better 'real' treasure to be found out there than a CPS2 case plastic injection mold.

someone found the security programming hardware for cps2 before infinikey existed.

You mean this old thing?

IMG_0042.jpeg

IMG_0047.jpeg

IMG_0046.jpeg

I’m sure the case moulds are long gone. Towards the end, Capcom were just using up their inventory. They clearly stopped producing new cases, which is why we ended up with Japanese region B-boards blue cases, and Mexican region B-boards in all of the colours.

Also, consider the fact that while the security writer was hardware developed, produced and used in-house, the plastic injection moulding would almost certainly have been contracted out to a third party.

Back