What's new

chacal231077

Grand Master
Reaction score
Hi! :)

I am currently testing my perfectly good CPS3 motherboard.

The Simm memories are reproductions of 128 MB assembled by me except the 2 of 64 MB (I forgot to have the PCBs made, I only have 128 MB 😑🤛😅)

I use, I don't know, an official SCSI CD drive for CPS3.

I have a Yamaha CRW2100S Manual PDF that a friend gave me 22 years ago in case one day I would have a System CPS3, because yes at the time I was young and I was racing🐌🐌🐌🐌😋 the reader with a max of cache memory lol 😅
(that's what it's like to have a brother in IT :love:)

Capture d’écran du 2024-03-24 17-22-39.png

I engraved the image on Sony CD-RW media compatible with 1X, 2X, 4X media and new I had a stock of it 20 years ago too :saint:

s-l1600.jpg

I burned at 2x 🐌🐌😋 speed with my CD burner and I burned iso UniCD CPS3 for the SH2 V4 standard Unmodified MakotoFix.

I have a Darksoft repro CPS3 carts :thumbup:

But towards the final process so reading it gives me an error 26 screen X/

20240324_082526.jpg

Please tell me which element is not good in the configuration (Media, Jumper SCSI or something else)

Thank you for Help :thumbup:

Last edited:
Hello

Use regular CDR (with low writed speed) instead of CDRW first. Drive can have difficulties to read CDRW

It's possible there's something wrong with the SIMM in slot 6. Try swapping 5 and 6 and see what happens.
However, I did the reading deletion tests, they are all ok

I'm going to swap the 5 & 6, I can make another one :thumbup:

20240324_033238.jpg

Hello

Use regular CDR (with low writed speed) instead of CDRW first. Drive can have difficulties to read CDRW

strange that he reads it almost & 70% then error 26 ?(

Perhaps try a smaller game that doesn't use all the simms. Like red earth or sf3 (1st release).

Hi! :)

Good and Bad News

Good News :thumbup:

So in fact on Slot 6 which bugs the Simm memory PCB that I made, I had 2 bridges soldered on the legs of a chip :whistling:
I fixed it and everything is fine :thumbup:

The bad news, no external sound from the RCA :S

I just got some from Jamma, I did a test with an RCA Auto Line Out 2 input high to low audio impedance converter thinking it was like the ZN1 & ZN2 but nothing, no external sound with that X/ .

High to low level converter? I would of thought the RCAs are low level output (pre-amplification stage). My boards are all packed away so nothing on hand to look at right now but it can't be that serious, if you have amplified audio then obviously the audio signal is being generated,

High to low level converter? I would of thought the RCAs are low level output (pre-amplification stage). My boards are all packed away so nothing on hand to look at right now but it can't be that serious, if you have amplified audio then obviously the audio signal is being generated,
s-l1200.jpg

Where are you connecting that to, is there a header on the board? That's designed for speaker (high) level audio in , I would of thought the RCA out is low level so you then feed to an external amplifier via RCA/phono cable.

Just to add and for clarification a high to low level converter like that would normally be used for a device that doesn't have a native low level output (like a car stereo with no pre-outs for your amp). So you take an already amplified signal (the speaker outputs) and attenuate it down a level suitable for an amplifier input, i'm just speculating here without testing but if you are feeding that low level audio you are just attenuating what is already a low level signal, now if you were to feed the jamma audio into it that would be different story (as that is amplified).

Anyhow kicad schematic for audio section can be here here courtesy of Jotego
https://github.com/jotego/jtcores/blob/master/cores/cps3/sch/sound.kicad_sch

also attached

Attachments

• 1711349490658.png
    1711349490658.png
    126 KB · Views: 19
That thread seems to be the opposite of your problem, working RCA out but no jamma out due to a blown amp IC.

If you have full volume control through the pot (over jamma) you need to be looking at the signal path after that pot where it splits, see the schematic above the RCA signal path has its own opamp be worth testing input/output of that with an audio probe.

At the risk of sounding stupid, do you need to first enable the RCA out in the test menu before you get any sound out of them?

They do indeed only output line level, so you wouldn't need a line level converter. That's only needed if you're pulling the amplified audio from the JAMMA edge.

That thread seems to be the opposite of your problem, working RCA out but no jamma out due to a blown amp IC.

If you have full volume control through the pot (over jamma) you need to be looking at the signal path after that pot where it splits, see the schematic above the RCA signal path has its own opamp be worth testing input/output of that with an audio probe.
like this ?

:D

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kF28oWeB5E8

https://www.jrcs.co.jp/en/products/detail/hearing-device/

Back