What's new

nio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there some kind of CPS2 DEV KIT?

I read some comments on the net saying the neo geo is better than the cps2 because there still games developed for the neo geo.

Now that we have the multiboard a CPS2 dev scene would be fun?

Is there some kind of CPS2 DEV KIT?

I read some comments on the net saying the neo geo is better than the cps2 because there still games developed for the neo geo.

Now that we have the multiboard a CPS2 dev scene would be fun?
It's apples to oranges really, and I imagine that the majority of MVS owners eventually get a CPS2 setup and vice versa. But I do agree that the CPS2 multikit opens up the platform to at least the prospect of a scene.

Sorry, I did not want to start a flame in any way.

I just think it would be really great to run own code on that nice platform.

The CPS2 multi is already a devkit in the sense that you can put your custom code on it. Just develop and put it on your SDcard.

again sorry. with devkit i mean toolchain to easily generate code :)

again sorry. with devkit i mean toolchain to easily generate code :)
If you mean compilers and the such, not that I'm aware of. But you have MAME and it has everything that you need. Just take a generic 68k compiler, read the MAME drivers to understand how video and graphics are managed and you can create your own games or hack other games to change whatever you like.

Yeah, Neo-Geo has new games... if you're willing to shell out several hundreds of dollars... for game designs that are just a little "similar" to other games out there for my taste.

Back