What's new
For Sale

nesjess

Student
Reaction score
Decided to sell this box as I made the difficult decision to sell my NAC and mainly got it to play vertical shmups.

I purchased from aclbandit on KLOV who purchased it from aluisi on the neo-geo forums. All controls, video, sound, power goes through the JAMMA connector so it's straight plug-n-play. It has a CPS2 kick harness connector. VMU support for both 1P and 2P. Volume knob and Stereo output.

From my experience, it's not the cleanest looking box, but it works great with no issues. Never tested the Stereo output since my NAC wasn't rigged for that, but I wouldn't foresee any issues.

Asking $220 $200 shipped.

Zh8tr6El.jpg

haBH4REl.jpg
'
mKEIl5nl.jpg

Last edited:
hey Ness jess I'm interested please hit me up asap but can you please PM I have a specific question

Is there a guide for how to JAMMA-fy a Dreamcast ? I have mine fitted with the sd based GDrom emulator and I would love to add it to my cabinet

I guess you would just need to feed the correct wires to the arcade monitor I know DC does RGB. Sound is easy, just have to get the main buttons covered with some sort of a breakout cable. I have an I-pac for my original Xbox that is ps/2 based . Is there a PCB that will translate that ?

I've had two of these in the past and they work great. Both built buy aluisi as well.

I've had two of these in the past and they work great. Both built buy aluisi as well.
where do I find this dude and his stuff or does he not make them anymore ?

I saw a DC male controller port to RJ45 male cable on the paradise website that is the home of the USA distributor of Darksoft's CPS2 kit

But I didn't see what that is plugged into to get it to arcade controls . I assume it must be an I-pac or j-pac type PCB but I don't see it on the site . They also had the same type of cable for PS2 and I think Xbox 360

I saw a DC male controller port to RJ45 male cable on the paradise website that is the home of the USA distributor of Darksoft's CPS2 kit

But I didn't see what that is plugged into to get it to arcade controls . I assume it must be an I-pac or j-pac type PCB but I don't see it on the site . They also had the same type of cable for PS2 and I think Xbox 360
Solder wires to the DC controller's PCB.
http://www.webring.org/l/rd?ring=mame;id=9;url=http://pc2jamma.mameworld.info/

He no longer makes them. Don't think he is even around anymore. I purchased those jammacasts from him over 4 years ago.

Build one yourself. The DC is one of the easiest consoles to interface to JAMMA. Here is the bare minimum of what you'll need:
  1. 2x Dreamcast Mad Catz controllers
  2. 1x Dreamcast VGA cable
  3. 1x JAMMA Fingerboard
  4. DB15 DSUB VGA Breakout Board
  5. Barrier Strip (if your cab doesn't have a power distribution block already)
  6. Spare Dreamcast compatible AC cable
Anyhow, those Mad Catz Dreampads are the holy grail for Dreamcast controller modding. Once you get those pads, you can see the traces to solder your points to rather easily. If you are lost, you'll find the pinout on Google easily. It is harder to hack the regular DC pads because of the analogue shoulder buttons. The info to do that seems to have been lost with time.

To get 15khz output, the easiest way is to break off the 6th pin of the VGA AV connector. There is no going back if you do this though. Then hook up the other end to the DB15 DSUB VGA breakout board connecting only R, G, B, Grnd, and jump sync together.

Hack the Dreamcast compatible AC cable and connect that to the barrier strip (sometimes called the power distribution block of your cab) so that the DC powers on and off with your cab.

Solder the other ends of these wires to the JAMMA fingerboard and away you go. If you want it nice (keep in mind, this is going to be hidden in a cab), you can put all the goodies in a properly sized project box. Fasten a CPS2 kick harness and JAMMA board to the project box and viola! Instant DC to JAMMA.

EDIT: I plan on doing this sometime soon with one of my cabs. It is way down the road though. But I'll take pics if I do.

Last edited:
Back