What's new
For Sale
I'll try to write up something later tonight. There will be 3 options, but some people won't be satisfied. I'm dealing with 2 sick people is the house and a 2 yr who want to play with everyone.

I'll try to write up something later tonight. There will be 3 options, but some people won't be satisfied. I'm dealing with 2 sick people is the house and a 2 yr who want to play with everyone.
Well there will always be someone who's not satisfied no matter what you do.

Hopefully everyone gets well soon!

Same knock-off, rusted through panel. Lots and lots of yellow paint on that guy. At least it shows it working!

Cab and shipping to port through eBay is only a few bucks more than what we paid in the group buy.. But with eBay's money back guarantee. Unless port fees are astronomical, I'd imagine it's hard to go wrong here.

EDIT: Answers while I was typing.

Also, is that monitor correct? How can one that old, and sent to China not have any burn?

UPS dragged on shipping my chassis so Sharp didn't get it until this past Monday.
So Sharp Image is still working on fixing chassis or it can't be fixed? Reads like this is just a shipping delay. I'd drop a line to PnL too. Those guys work miracles. But you'll have to do the recap yourself. They just fix.

Also, looks like lots of the details from this old thread was removed, but this user retrofited his CRT cabs with HD monitors. In doing so, he vacuum formed new bezels. Anyone interested in exploring this? My buddy's place were the cabs were received has such a machine. I also have the Windy II bezel. Hatsune Mike gave might have given me one of the monitors mentioned above too. @Hatsune Mike, can you confirm which monitor tube you gave me?

Also, is that monitor correct? How can one that old, and sent to China not have any burn?
Of the handful I've seen come in from the group buy, none had burn at all.

If the monitor sits flush against the bezel, which it looks like it does, it's almost certainly the right monitor. It has an obnoxiously specific tube curvature.

In doing so, he vacuum formed new bezels. Anyone interested in exploring this?
He retrofitted a single E3, but didn't vacuum form anything, just filled and sanded until it was right. He suggested it would be a good way of doing it moving forward.

If someone did make E2 or E3/AWSD bezels for a 27" 16:9 LCD monitor, I'd be interested in a couple.

The original post showed a much more well formed bezel. Think some pics and stuff got removed when the thread was moved around.

Of the handful I've seen come in from the group buy, none had burn at all.
If the monitor sits flush against the bezel, which it looks like it does, it's almost certainly the right monitor. It has an obnoxiously specific tube curvature.
So, I passed my one from the group sale to 8bitforlife, I'm wondering if this one eBay is in the same ballpark both price wise and condition wise. Also, how often do these come up? I'm moving back to the mainland in 6 months and would rather wait until then to grab one, but if they are as rare as people are making them out to be, maybe I should jump on this one?

To be clear, I'm looking for an Egret 2 for the easy rotate option...

Of the handful I've seen come in from the group buy, none had burn at all.If the monitor sits flush against the bezel, which it looks like it does, it's almost certainly the right monitor. It has an obnoxiously specific tube curvature.
So, I passed my one from the group sale to 8bitforlife, I'm wondering if this one eBay is in the same ballpark both price wise and condition wise. Also, how often do these come up? I'm moving back to the mainland in 6 months and would rather wait until then to grab one, but if they are as rare as people are making them out to be, maybe I should jump on this one?
To be clear, I'm looking for an Egret 2 for the easy rotate option...
we can be twinsies

The original post showed a much more well formed bezel. Think some pics and stuff got removed when the thread was moved around.
It's very well formed. And it was done by hand. I spoke with Monouchi about quite a few things in PM for a while back then. His site used to have pictures of the entire process, but it's now defunct.

Also, how often do these come up? I'm moving back to the mainland in 6 months and would rather wait until then to grab one, but if they are as rare as people are making them out to be, maybe I should jump on this one?
They're not really rare in any sense. Just that owners don't usually sell them once they get one, so you don't see them pop up too often anymore. Probably 2-3 pop up a year from private sellers on forums and the like. They run 16-1800 nowadays usually. KC got two last year and they went for 2k each IIRC.

Thanks for the info. I guess it doesn't matter, he messaged me and said not to shipping here for some reason.

I'd rather wait I guess and get one in good shape on the mainland.

Thanks for the info. I guess it doesn't matter, he messaged me and said not to shipping here for some reason.

if your talking about Yanton his listing says hrlell ship but its like 600 or something

Someone already took the chance on it. I wish nothing but the best to whoever bought that cab...

if your talking about Yanton his listing says hrlell ship but its like 600 or something
Yeah but he told me no shipping to HI for some reason. I followed up about it, but someone bought it already. It's ok, if these aren't rare, I'd rather wait until I get to the mainland and get a good condition one. Based on this guys last few items sold on here, it's not looking good...

Back