What's new
For Sale
25 candies will fit in one truck, albeit tight. I'd more need to know what order to pack things in if I'm doing any deliveries.

25 candies will fit in one truck, albeit tight. I'd more need to know what order to pack things in if I'm doing any deliveries.
Cool! Looks like the math is coming together then.
  • 35 cabs in the US container, 10-11 cabs being picked up locally in Fremont, CA
    • likely 3 cabs going to me
    • 5 cabs going with rewrite and theoddtech
    • 3 cabs going with sprayk
24-25 cabs need to be loaded into one truck. You only have to bring one truck down from Reno to Fremont and one less person to drive it. More good news.

Let's then extend the period to opt in for local pick-up in Fremont through this weekend to allow more to opt in. Any members in NorCal along the route from the Bay Area to Reno should PM Cereth to work out a delivery.

Last edited:
Got my container today. All seem to be working. One of my E2 got a dent on the side. In a roll it's not noticeable. People with NNC you may want to redo the wiring. It's messy back there. Seem like a 220V variant? 220V sticker on the base. Also the CPO doesn't seem original

Last edited:
That's great. How much forewarning did you have for arrival?

Trying to figure out how much notice we're likely to get down here.

Got my container today. All seem to be working. One of my E2 got a dent on the side. In a roll it's not noticeable. People with NNC you may want to redo the wiring. It's messy back there. Seem like a 220V variant? 220V sticker on the base.
Canada beats the US!! Means US cab should be here soon?

That's great. How much forewarning did you have for arrival?

Trying to figure out how much notice we're likely to get down here.
My arrival notice came about 1 week before estimate. But according the a tracking site I use it was 2 days behind. Once custom cleared it I was told the port would hold it for a week before they would charge me. I couldn't wait so I got it done asap.

My arrival notice came about 1 week before estimate. But according the a tracking site I use it was 2 days behind. Once custom cleared it I was told the port would hold it for a week before they would charge me.
@Cereth is this how it works in the US? Any idea of how much forewarning we'll have?

Unfortunately my partner in crime has run into some unexpected obligations, and if we have a few days or more's notice we may be able to swing things as originally planned. If not, it may very well just be me showing up for my three and that's it.

Here is my pledge:

No matter what, @Cereth is only going to have to drive one truck down from Reno to pick up no more than 25 cabs from Fremont, CA. And he only has to do one round trip from Reno to Fremont for the US group buy.

Will work out the logistics in the Local Pick-up PM.

EDIT: Moving the local pick up discussion here and locked that PM. Cereth is busy with his own business. So he doesn't have to read a bunch of PM's, helping him out by moving the local pick up discussion here in one place. Here is what has been discussed thus far for full disclosure and so that everyone else knows what is going on (no secret behind closed doors hand shakes). We'll discuss the local pick-up in the thread from here on out.

acblunden2:

Alrighty, adding Cereth and Xed to this thread for obvious reasons. Mitsurugi-w is here because he is a great guy! Actually he moderates this forum and he can act here as somewhat of an arbitrator (hope you don't mind boss).

Only Cereth, rewrite, theoddtech, and I shall do any unloading of the cabs from the container. I told my buddy that 3 guys will be in his warehouse, and since this is kind of delicate, I don't want to make changes to that request. Also, I think that is the perfect amount of people for the job.

Once inventoried and all accounted for, anyone else doing local pick-up can come and pick up their cabs. I figure from container arrival till the time it pulls away, will be two hours. Between Cereth, theoddtech, rewrite, and I, we will keep the container arrival time, address, and time you can pick up close to vest. For now, plan travel time from your location using this approxiamate (not actual) address. The actual location shall be a few blocks from there. Once Cereth announces when the container is due to arrive, as he stated he is going to do previously, be ready to take that day off. I will then let everyone in this PM coming for local pick-up know the actual time and the actual address they should arrive at/for pick-up on the date announced by Cereth. Also, pay close attention to the thread as the announced date might be delayed due to customs and such as Cereth stated.

This will be a shotgun-thing. Arrive pick-up your cab(s), be on your way. I say this because I don't know how much this activity shall impact my buddy's business. Have to be sensitive to that. Be on time but make allowance for trucking delay. Goes without saying, make sure you have proper transport for the cabs you will be picking up. Can't keep your cabs at the staging location (unless you want to forfeit those nice E2's *ahem* I'll be happy to keep them). We can meet up again at CAX for a drink and chop it up then. If you have any arrangments for Cereth to bring anything else down, handle those dealings in separate PM's.

Right now, I have earmarked for local pick-up the following:

rewrite
Domy Theater
Q25
E2 on behalf of 8bitforlife
Windy II on behalf of 8bitforlife
theoddtech
E2
sprayk
E2
E2 on behalf of Phil Bennet's
E2 on behalf of Hatsune Mike
acblunden2
E2
Windy II
Windy II (maybe)

You need to opt out of local pick-up right away if there is any doubt that you can't commit a full day between now and the end of the month to pick up the cabs. The difference between you opting in and then opting out at the last minute may determine whether or not Cereth needs to bring down one truck or two.

@XeD, two things:

Please update the waitlist with what panel types were requested by everyone for their cabs. If Cereth has this info already, disregard. Cereth shall be doing the allocation anyway.
No cherry picking
No parts swapping
Cereth does the allocation of the cabs you arranged to buy from XeD
We have to be fair to everyone
No exceptions
Should Yaton's crew have messed something else up, I think it is best to defer to you as to who in the US gets the short end of the stick. It would be a conflict of interest if any of us do it. Want to be fair to the rest of the guys in the US. Please announce any such decisions in the forum.

If anyone else opts in for local pick-up, I'll add them to the PM. I am hoping enough people opt in for local pick-up that Cereth only has to bring down one truck from Reno. And if it is close, I'll see if my buddy will let a member or two or three arrange for shipment from shis business so that Cereth only has to bring down one truck. Storage shall only be made available for Cereth to possibly allow him to bring down only one truck. No one else gets that luxury. We'll have to wait and see on that.

Alright, that covers it. Anything not clear, you aren't comfortable with, state your piece now.

XeD:

All cp Are random. Only cab that I had the option to choose from was thr NNC and everyone picked 2L12B

If there are any other random that happen to the cab during transport and a short straw need to be decided. I will go down that list and assign everyone a number and use a random number generator to decide.

Looking at the pics I can see 15x E2, 9x Windy, 2x Q25, 1x Domy, 5x NNC. Seeing that I only have 2 NNC at the end. It's looking more like a Windy got left behind

Cereth:

Busy handling my other container right now but will read and catch up shortly. FWIW, anyone in the bay that isn't getting delivered to directly by someone else, I'm probably going to do a personal delivery for them. I'd have enough room. If weather over the pass looks like it'll be bad, I'll be renting a truck in Cali one-way and just waiting it out for going back, so it can be taken care of in a timely manner. I can take a few days off for that stuff. I'm just hoping for not weather like we have right now, it's rare when it snows up here, rarer when it lasts on the ground for more than a day. Not sure how I'm going to unload in it. Nobody'll even give me a lift gate truck tomorrow :/

Hatsune Mike:

Does that mean @sprayk doesn't need to be concerned with a truck, since myself, Phil, and him are in the bay area?

My only worry now is with timing, as I will be out of town Dec 21st - 26th.

acblunden2:

sprayk will still have to provide transport and come pick up those three E2's. Two factors at play here:

Cereth has room in his truck for only 25 cabs and it will be tight
By sprayk not coming to pick up the 3 cabs, that means the number of cabs not being picked up locally increases to 28
Those three E2's, if not picked up by sprayk, won't fit in Cereth's truck for delivery by Cereth
My buddy has a business to run
Again, we have to shotgun the cabs out of his facility. Everything has to be loaded and out the door as fast as possible
3 cabs picked up by sprayk
5 cabs picked up by rewrite and theoddtech
3 cabs picked up by me

That leaves 24-25 cabs that Cereth will load into his truck to distribute to everyone else. Right now, the math is perfect allowing Cereth to only bring down one truck from Reno and not having to hire/bring on someone to drive a 2nd truck. As far as your availability between the 21st-26th goes, if the cabs arrive on those dates, you and spayk will have to work out where your cab is stored once sprayk picks up the three E2's from Fremont. Nothing will be stored at my buddy's work. Let me know if you need clarification.

On a side note, in a pinch, rewrite says he has room for one more cab. So if sprayk can only handle two E2's and not three, maybe rewrite can help. @sprayk, please confirm if you can provide proper transport for three E2's from Fremont. If you can only handle two E2's, please work out something with rewrite in this PM.

sprayk:

I'm going to rent a truck that can fit at least 3 cabs. @Phil Bennett said he'd be a backup for me in case of an emergency.

acblunden2:

That's cool sprayk!

As far as renting a truck goes, I foresee this problem. We don't yet know when the cabs will be here. Therefore, reserving a truck in advanced might be a challenge due to availability. You might have to go a bit beyond San Mateo to find a place that can reserve a suitable truck for the effort. So there is some contingency depending on how much notice we are going to get before Cereth announces the date they'll arrive. Keep that in mind.

Also, obtain/buy/borrow some tie straps, a dolly/hand truck, and some movers or old dirty blankets before hand. Knowing U-Haul, they charge an arm and a leg for using the ones they leave in the trucks for you to "use". We should have some handtruck/dolly's here for the load. Might not need them with the dock and Cereth's liftgate here. But for the final destinations, you should have these things on hand. Those tie straps and blankets, don't forget that. Would hate to see those sexy E2's damaged in the last step. Even I would cry hearing that news. And best to have a truck with a long wide ramp or liftgate. You won't have the dock or Cereth's liftgate at your destination for unloading.

Given this, I am hoping the container doesn't arrive on a Monday or Friday. Best case scenario for their arrival with respect to rental truck availability is Tuesday-Thursday. Doubtful they arrive on a weekend. But you never know.

Hatsune Mike:

@sprayk I've got a big bag of ratchet strap tie-downs we can use. If you haven't used them much before, I can help show how to use them to secure a cab into a truck.

You can rent a pretty small cabover van with a lift gate from Enterprise on kerley Dr. pretty close to my neighborhood; they've been my CAX go-to choice. Having the lift gate makes things a lot more pleasant!

If timing works out where I won't be on vacation, then I'd absolutely come along to help with the trucking bit.

rewrite:

@Cereth, any idea how much forewarning we'll have in regards to a date to do this?

Is it a 12 hour kind of notice, or 3 days? A week? Just a ballpark idea of how much notice would be excellent.

/End

Last edited:
Got my container today. All seem to be working. One of my E2 got a dent on the side. In a roll it's not noticeable. People with NNC you may want to redo the wiring. It's messy back there. Seem like a 220V variant? 220V sticker on the base. Also the CPO doesn't seem original
Can you clarify a few things based upon what you received?
  • Windy II's/Egret 2's: Based upon this post, we know they are good to go for 100vac/120vac.
    • Assumption here is that Windy II's and E2's were not modified for 240vac and left for 100vac/120vac.
    • Can you confirm with the stock you received that they are set for 100vac/120vac operation?
  • New Net City: You mentioned in the same post that NNC's would be swapped out with original amps/PSU's/harness from other NNC stock.
    • Seems that was not done by Yaton's crew? Can you please confirm?
    • Also you say the CPO's are not original
We are all aware of the difficulty with dealing with Chinese imports (language barriers, intonations of communications, etc.). Begrudgingly, some things will have to be accepted. Just best for ppl to know before they get it and be surprised.

I will be back at the warehouse to reorganize the cab as I'm using more space than what was allocated to me. All my cabs work on 120V. I turn up the screen to see raster line because I forgot to bring along a game board. The NNC was swap out but I will have to confirm if they were og parts(never did get to this part). The CPO has the same spelling mistake that yaton was selling earlier in the year. I have looked online at some cpo and they have the same spelling mistake. Is that normal?

Last edited:
Uploaded some pics to the drive. A random selection of 3 cabs in the Vancouver folder

Update on my end for arrival time, the BOL said 22nd. I should get an arrival notice a week or two before, and I think we can know pretty quickly if it clears customs pretty shortly after. That'd mean it'd be delivered a day or few after. If it doesn't clear, I don't know. Will be checking into the arrival notice tomorrow.

Update on my end for arrival time, the BOL said 22nd. I should get an arrival notice a week or two before, and I think we can know pretty quickly if it clears customs pretty shortly after. That'd mean it'd be delivered a day or few after. If it doesn't clear, I don't know. Will be checking into the arrival notice tomorrow.
Is it safe to assume that everything related to this is closed on the 24th/25th for the holiday?

And are weekends included as possibilities, or is it a strictly Monday through Friday ordeal?

Holidays are probably blacked out, generally it's a weekday. Depends when the trucker has availability, but they've always mentioned weekdays only

Holidays are probably blacked out, generally it's a weekday. Depends when the trucker has availability, but they've always mentioned weekdays only
Perfect. My only real concern was the 23rd and it's a Sunday, so we should be all right!

I'm some 7 hours out, so as long as we're at least a day and change's notice everything should be fine. Just want to be able to rent a trailer the night before and head out incredibly early in the morning.

Only potential trouble day might be the 26th? Because we couldn't rent a trailer the night before, and we'd have to head out much later after getting it in the morning after Uhaul opens. So we'd arrive a lot later in the day. Not an issue on this end, just an issue of wanting to be there on time and being respectful toward @acblunden2 's friend's business.

Any which way, things seem like they'll work out just fine.

Last edited:
Just need to know when the container is ready to process in Fremont. The more notice the better.

Yo so apparently it's coming early. REALLY early. Like tomorrow. I've been handling some of the customs today, if it clears we could get it as early as the end of the week, or say Monday. This might work out for me as well, I have to come down some point over the weekend anyway. I'll be focusing attention on this very hard starting tomorrow. Have to get my shipments ready to go out this weekend

So getting to Fremont by the end of the week?

Wednesday afternoon, all of Thursday, or all of Friday will be perfect. Monday is not as desirable, but I can make it work. Wednesday morning or tomorrow would be terrible not just for me, but rewrite has little time to work with securing a truck and driving up from SoCal.

Keep us posted.

Back