What's new
So i tried again 2 Times in A row with the Sega I/O

one time it ran smooth and the second try I had again the same issues.

capcom I/O didn't work at all, despite of having naomi powered seperatly

When trying to boot Spawn via CF, It hangs on the Capcom Splash screen. I've tried multiple cards, and they all hang in the same spot.

Anyone have a workaround? System works with every other game I have tried so far.

When trying to boot Spawn via CF, It hangs on the Capcom Splash screen. I've tried multiple cards, and they all hang in the same spot.

Anyone have a workaround? System works with every other game I have tried so far.
it's because you're using the Multi BIOS. Spawn will always crash there when using one, even an original cart does.

just coin up before that part of the attract loop, or swap to an original bios.

Last edited:
Reactions: nem
Is there a list of which titles do not work with the multi BIOS ?

The multibios is a nice concept, but compatibility isn't 100% indeed. It would be nice to have a list. I know I am having issues with the AW conversions and @Darksoft confirmed it was because of the multibios.

Yes. But it happens not only with conversions, Aldo with some original games.

There's only a handful of games. 18 Wheeler, Initial D3 and Spawn, I think.

Is there a list of which titles do not work with the multi BIOS ?
AFAIK Spawn is the only game that has that kind of issue.

There's only a handful of games. 18 Wheeler, Initial D3 and Spawn, I think.
In my testing I don't recall Initial D3 nor 18 Wheeler having issues.

you can see the results of my testing here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JWvoMhuFz2XXRWB6XPmE4k0Vkt2VYgUQ4K_61LXv6UA/edit?usp=sharing

all of that was done on a multi-bios

Last edited:
18 Wheeler I'm positive of as that's something I've personally verified with an OG cab. It freezes during the attract demo after some time.

@hrvat9 I think tried Initial D3. I want to say it freezes after game over in multiplayer?

18 Wheeler I'm positive of as that's something I've personally verified with an OG cab. It freezes during the attract demo after some time.

@hrvat9 I think tried Initial D3. I want to say it freezes after game over in multiplayer?
good to know, I didn't do such through tests as I don't have a driving cab.

I can confirm that: Initial D Arcade Stage (Export, Rev A) also locks up using the multi-bios.

Anyone seen issues with the multi bios and WWF Royal Rumble? I’m testing an original cart with issues.

Anyone seen issues with the multi bios and WWF Royal Rumble? I’m testing an original cart with issues.
I haven't had any multi bios related issues with Royal Rumble. However, the cart I have is very pick about voltage. I have to drive up voltage so it doesn't black screen. Most likely due to dirty contacts, but who knows.

Mine shows up in the ram check as unknown, but never loads no matter what I try. Thanks for confirming it’s not the multi bios.

Hey Guys,

I have a few games that for the life of me I can't get to work on any known working CF cards with my setup.
  • Sega Tetris
  • Sports Jam
  • Rumble Fish 2
Setup:
  • Naomi
  • Regular DIMM running 4.02 with 1024MB of RAM
  • Capcom I/O
  • Sun Power Supply
  • Multi-BIOS
Have you guys had any trouble with these games? I use only Cisco CF cards sized 256MB, 512MB and 1GB.

I would say that the problem is the multi-bios. Can you try with a regular bios?

I would say that the problem is the multi-bios. Can you try with a regular bios?
No, the only other BIOS I have is a US one that is too far back to work with CF. Is there any BIOS updates in the works that you are aware of?

Back