What's new

aizoyurei

Student
Reaction score
Hi y'all!

I'm an American from North Carolina living in Osaka, Japan! I've been here 16 years and been a huge video game muh whole life.

I recently got myself a Super Neo 29 for a STEAL of a price (30,000 yen). It's in fantastic condition, despite being quite used and definitely looking like it did it's time
in a smokey arcade. It has a MV-1FZS (1-slot) jamma compatible board that came with Metal Slug 2. I bought the OG Samurai Spirits and now I have one of those 161 in 1 carts.

Thinking about adding one of the Pandora's Boxes to it as I'll probably never be able to afford a proper Capcom cab. Don't get me wrong I LOVE SNK games, but I'm dying
to have a SFIII New Generation set up.

I replaced all the buttons to the original color scheme with Sanwa buttons. Whoever owned before replaced them a long time ago and none of them matched. I also
rewired the speakers to an amp so now it has volume control.

I have a small to do list for things I want to fix/upgrade.
- Find a 6-button panel (Lost one in an auction last week by 5,000 yen... T _ T)
- Add the battery back to the Mobo.
- Change the marquee bulb to an LED one
- Find a marquee holder for the top (super low priority)
- Add a Pandora Box with kickharness.

Anyway, sorry for the long introductions. I look forward to posting pics and asking questions all over the site so yoroshiku!

Attachments

• IMG_4811.jpg
    IMG_4811.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 91
Welcome. What part of North Carolina?

Welcome!

Jealous of your pick-up! I'm in Tokyo and would love to get a cabinet, but I just don't have the space

I guess those who have arcades at home in Japan are few & far between.

Hello and welcome - Japan really does feel like the land of opportunity for amazing arcade pickups

The cabs are pretty cheap in Japan. Shipping to us drives the cost up a lot.

Welcome aizoyurei ! Beautiful one you got 👌 Love the colors on those snk cabs.

Wow. That’s a steal indeed bro! 👍
I personally think there is something about SNK cabs.
Looking forward to your pics on cab, and, many more(perhaps on restoration 😊)

Welcome! Great deal. Hope you'll find a good deal of SFIII setup too.
Thank you! I doubt it. Cheapest I've seen is about a grand... T _ T

Welcome. What part of North Carolina?
Moore County. Right smack in the middle! Boring golf country!

Welcome!

Jealous of your pick-up! I'm in Tokyo and would love to get a cabinet, but I just don't have the space
I just recently got a house after being here for 16 years. Wouldn't been able to have any other time. Just got lucky! But now I'm looking at other cabs and I don't think I'll be able to convince the wife to spend 10k on Q25... Definitely have space for a MiniCute though, but not willing to spend 9 grand on one! > _ <

I guess those who have arcades at home in Japan are few & far between.
Yeah, if you seen the size of the homes and apartments here, you'd know why. LOL. The apartment of the guy who sold me this cab, was big enough for a bed, a TV, this cab(in which he'd sit on the bed), and a toilet/shower room. I have no clue how he even got it in there!

Hello and welcome - Japan really does feel like the land of opportunity for amazing arcade pickups
The cabs are pretty cheap in Japan. Shipping to us drives the cost up a lot.
They're pretty expensive here. At least on Yahoo Auction they are. Then again 3-5 grand is pretty expensive to me! Maybe that's cheaper than the States?

Welcome aizoyurei ! Beautiful one you got 👌 Love the colors on those snk cabs.
Thanks, yo! As a teenager in the 90s the goofy design takes me back! Love it all! Even the cigarette burns!

Wow. That’s a steal indeed bro! 👍
I personally think there is something about SNK cabs.
Looking forward to your pics on cab, and, many more(perhaps on restoration 😊)
Not sure I'll restore it. I don't have any space to work on it Otherwise I'd take it completely apart and rewire and paint it.

I am hoping to find the 6-button panel. So if I do I'll post pics. For now, I'm just trying to find a way to bribe my friend to help me lug it up my stairs to the "guest bedroom"
(now a game room)

Everyone else I missed, thanks for the warm welcome! Sorry I was late in replying to all of you. Work has been nutso!

Thank you! I doubt it. Cheapest I've seen is about a grand... T _ T

Moore County. Right smack in the middle! Boring golf country!

I just recently got a house after being here for 16 years. Wouldn't been able to have any other time. Just got lucky! But now I'm looking at other cabs and I don't think I'll be able to convince the wife to spend 10k on Q25... Definitely have space for a MiniCute though, but not willing to spend 9 grand on one! > _ <

Yeah, if you seen the size of the homes and apartments here, you'd know why. LOL. The apartment of the guy who sold me this cab, was big enough for a bed, a TV, this cab(in which he'd sit on the bed), and a toilet/shower room. I have no clue how he even got it in there!

They're pretty expensive here. At least on Yahoo Auction they are. Then again 3-5 grand is pretty expensive to me! Maybe that's cheaper than the States?

Thanks, yo! As a teenager in the 90s the goofy design takes me back! Love it all! Even the cigarette burns!

Not sure I'll restore it. I don't have any space to work on it Otherwise I'd take it completely apart and rewire and paint it.

I am hoping to find the 6-button panel. So if I do I'll post pics. For now, I'm just trying to find a way to bribe my friend to help me lug it up my stairs to the "guest bedroom"
(now a game room)

Everyone else I missed, thanks for the warm welcome! Sorry I was late in replying to all of you. Work has been nutso!
Good luck.

IMG_6938.jpeg

PS. Yes, 6-button panel is a must-have item 😊

Back