What's new

Cell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi. Im just starting to get back into the candy cab scene. Came across this forum while searching for info about various TX2 and Vewlix topics. I recognize a few people from AO. I have 3 cabs:

A nice NAC
A restored NC/NNC
One of the first higher quality chinese Vewlix

Looking to get my TX2 back out and figure out how to get multi up and running. Currently playing Cave games in my NAC and various console based stuff in my Vewlix. Wanted to stop in and say hi.

:)

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    10.1 KB · Views: 210
  • images-4.jpeg
    images-4.jpeg
    9.3 KB · Views: 203
  • 20150519_044029054_iOS.jpg
    20150519_044029054_iOS.jpg
    398.4 KB · Views: 164
  • images-3.jpeg
    images-3.jpeg
    5.9 KB · Views: 184
Welcome! I dig the cabs! What kind of vewlix is that? I'm really debating on one. I love my supergun setup, but damn if a vewlix wouldn't be sweet. For pics of my setup look at "hello from San Diego" on this section.

Very nice man! Jealous that you have so many cabs as I only have 3 hehe. Also, you might want to try to reupload the pic of the Vewlix cab with the Taito ashtray. For some reason, it's not able to be clicked on to expand. I'm shooting you a PM in regards to some stuff.

Wow! I have never met him but Im on it. Ill tack him down now. ;)

Nice looking cabs. Digging the Viewlix clone and have thought about picking one up as well. Local seller around here has several in his warehouse.

Oh, didn't realize your Vewlix was a clone. Did yours come with all the stickers or did you buy those separately? Also, you said it was high quality, what would you say makes it that?

Nice looking cabs. Digging the Viewlix clone and have thought about picking one up as well. Local seller around here has several in his warehouse.
I would check them all out closely. Some are really bad. But if super cheap, go for it!

Oh, didn't realize your Vewlix was a clone. Did yours come with all the stickers or did you buy those separately? Also, you said it was high quality, what would you say makes it that?
After seeing both many clones and legit F and Ls in real life, some Chinese knock offs and clones are better than others. I want to start a new thread about all Vewlix and clones and discuss this more there. The only thing I added to mine was the control panel white sides. All stickers are original. But Ive seen new ones with horrible rust and worse parts than others. Especially the Silver/Black ones and later crazy color ones. But again this will be in a new thread. ;)

Yeah, people need to watch out with where they get their clones. Simply going on Alibaba or Aliexpress and purchasing one is risky. You're not dealing with the manufacturer no matter what they tell you. You're dealing with a middle man trading company. They know they're selling one-offs and will try to make as much money as possible doing so. This includes using shitty parts, making the clone looks crappy, etc. I have components I get manufactured at factories in China and was able to get in touch with one that does cabs. I had them create a Vewlix sample for me about a year ago. Got it with the Vewlix and Taito logos as well ;) . Make that other thread, I really like the way mine turned out. Even has a better monitor than what comes with a normal Vewlix lol.

Please give Martin Galway my regards
I don't get it. Maybe I missed something here.
Martin Galway is one of the greatest music composers for computer of all times. People in the Commodore 64 scene refer to him as God. Besides that he was my childhoods idol and I'm seriously thinking of travelling to Texas just to meet him.

Just watch this video and listen to what he was doing in 1986 with a Commodore 64 and couple of kbytes of ram.

Please give Martin Galway my regards
I don't get it. Maybe I missed something here.
Martin Galway is one of the greatest music composers for computer of all times. People in the Commodore 64 scene refer to him as God. Besides that he was my childhoods idol and I'm seriously thinking of travelling to Texas just to meet him.
Just watch this video and listen to what he was doing in 1986 with a Commodore 64 and couple of kbytes of ram.

Wow that video is awesome. Way more impressive than some of the tracks on that vgmpf page.

Good stuff! :thumbsup:

Back