What's new

Lswanson1049

Student
Reaction score
Hey there, Sacramento native here, hoping to have a collection of 4-5 machines in my living room. My first purchase was a vewlix F from KC. I oringinally caught the bug looking at chopped up mame vewlixs, but have shyed away from that route after some research.

I think ideally my theoretical setup would be something like this

Aero City in vertical for Shmups on something like misterarcade
Vewlix F CPS2 multi
Vewlix F Taito X2 multi
Vewlix Diamond Black with a JVS PAC 2 for SF5 and console play and various mame emulation
Undecided JAMMA machine (Astro City or blast city)

I'm aware that in general vewlix's have issues with displaying much older games, but will the CPS2 multi look authentic enough on the stock F screen?

The Diamond blacks come with the 1080p ,but some are upgrading them still, I feel like the stock screens are good enough for what I currently envision (F and DiaB), am I off in that regard?

I'm not opposed to collecting various JAMMA games, I don't want to go the route of emulation, I want in general an authentic experience of arcade, but I'm not such a stickler for 100% purist route. Is the mister arcade the best solution in 2021?

I know this is all kind of round about, but was hoping people could poke holes in the sumation of my research and make sure I don't have any glaring holes before I start dropping more serious cash. I'm hoping to have a lot of my bases covered so to speak in terms of being able to get a somewhat authentic experience on most any game with my 4-5 machines, any suggestions on improving that?

Can’t help you with your Vewlix questions but welcome

Welcome!

Check out the Vewlix Appreciation thread, should answer most of your questions about the vewlixs.

Good to see people in the hobby relatively close! I'm over in Modesto myself.

I'd love to go but this year I started a 2nd job on the weekends so most of the time weekend events are few and far between for me.

Back