What's new

QuartZ

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi,

My name is Dana. I'm hoping to learn a lot from everyone here as I embark on a quest to find and restore a Sega Astro City cabinet. I grew up obsessed with video games and spent much of my childhood in arcades across the US during the 80s and 90s. Somewhere in the early 2000s I came across these amazing cabinets from Japan and I knew one day I wanted to have one. I'm also a big Street Fighter fan and have played Street Fighter II: The World Warrior religiously for the past 30 years. No joke, I still play it. Still staying sharp, probably even better than I was back in the early 90s. I hope to purchase that as my first real arcade PCB and have it in my candy cab. If/when I find one.

So thanks for having me, I'll keep snooping around, reading, and preparing for my journey.

Thanks in advance,
-Dana

Welcome! World Warrior is a classic, and luckily pretty easy and cheap to find relative to other Street Fighter titles. You are definetly at the right place!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

Welcome! World Warrior is a classic, and luckily pretty easy and cheap to find relative to other Street Fighter titles. You are definetly at the right place!
Ya, World Warrior isn't the most nuanced/balanced version of the series. But it's the original. There's just magic in that game that defined everything that followed. And honestly I have fond memories of riding my bike for hours to get to arcades just to stand in line to have a few minutes of play time amongst a swarm of other teenagers. I've met some of my best friends in my life even as an adult playing this game. It's been influential to say the least.

-Dana

Good luck on finding that Astro City. I need one myself soon enough.

Welcome and you came to the best forum. I've learned so much from this forum and members here are extremely friendly and helpful.

Back