What's new
This is embarrassing but I can't figure out where I stored my old manual for it. I tried to compare to the current gen, but seem to recall V3 is jumper based for Cysnc setting.

The V3 offers three options, please check them:

v3.png

Last edited:
Hello, I got the meanwell RT-85A power supply for my HAS and all is working well but I have a question and concern. Is this power supply OK to use with a Naomi set-up? I want to play MvC2 but the normal power supply for that system is a little more hefty.

Hello, I got the meanwell RT-85A power supply for my HAS and all is working well but I have a question and concern. Is this power supply OK to use with a Naomi set-up? I want to play MvC2 but the normal power supply for that system is a little more hefty.
Naomi also requires 3.3v so you would need a separate PSU that supplies that. You can use a RT-85 to power the HAS with a SEGA JVS JAMMA IO connected for controls and power the Naomi directly with something like a Sun PSU or a Meanwell QP-150-3A. Video can be output in 15Khz with the proper dips flipped over the JAMMA IO or you can output 31Khz directly to a monitor.

Reactions: RGB
Naomi also requires 3.3v so you would need a separate PSU that supplies that. You can use a RT-85 to power the HAS with a SEGA JVS JAMMA IO connected for controls and power the Naomi directly with something like a Sun PSU or a Meanwell QP-150-3A. Video can be output in 15Khz with the proper dips flipped over the JAMMA IO or you can output 31Khz directly to a monitor.
Will a Capcom I/O make a difference?

Is there a list of all good PSUs to use for the Naomi to the HAS ?

Is this the set-up you use and it works fine?

Yes that's what I use for power, although Naomi isn't JAMMA so you'll also need to use something to adapt the JVS controls to JAMMA.

Honestly, IMHO running Naomi or any other JVS board through the HAS is a headache. Consider instead connecting a USB controller using a JVS adapter like the MP07-IONA-US and for video run the VGA output from the Naomi to a computer monitor.

So let me understand this better, using a HAS for NAOMI is not preferable? Even with a Capcom I/O board it's not a good supergun for naomi?

So let me understand this better, using a HAS for NAOMI is not preferable? Even with a Capcom I/O board it's not a good supergun for naomi?
Not what is being said. The HAS is one of the best superguns out there I have used and still use to this day. I own several. And yes I use it with a Naomi 2 Netdimm setup with a capcom io.

What @ShootTheCore is saying is you can cut out some of the gear you are planning on using to a simpler setup that will get you similar results. Again it all depends on how you plan on setting things up/use case.

Yes that's what I use for power, although Naomi isn't JAMMA so you'll also need to use something to adapt the JVS controls to JAMMA.

Honestly, IMHO running Naomi or any other JVS board through the HAS is a headache. Consider instead connecting a USB controller using a JVS adapter like the MP07-IONA-US and for video run the VGA output from the Naomi to a computer monitor.
Or a shameless plug for the Darksoft MultiJVS as an option too, you can power that off the header on the Naomi and use DB15 connectors for fight sticks like you would normally use on a supergun, then just power the Naomi with an ATX PSU or Meanwell QP-150-3A and run video/sound to a monitor.

Not what is being said. The HAS is one of the best superguns out there I have used and still use to this day. I own several. And yes I use it with a Naomi 2 Netdimm setup with a capcom io.

What @ShootTheCore is saying is you can cut out some of the gear you are planning on using to a simpler setup that will get you similar results. Again it all depends on how you plan on setting things up/use case.
Let me ask you this then, what psu are you using for your set-up? Specifically the one or ones powering your HAS that is used with the Naomi 2 netdimm set-up? My setup is HAS using a OSSC for video. I was using a meanwell 606 psu but I don't see those for sale anymore so I got a meanwell RT-85A which was recommended from members on this site. For Naomi I'm using capcom I/O board for MvC2 cart on Naomi 1. What is proper psu for this?

The Meanwell RT-85A will work fine for the HAS and any JAMMA boards you plug into it. However Naomi isn’t JAMMA so it needs to have power, controls and video all adapted in some way. Here’s two possible scenarios:

1) Connect the Naomi to the VGA input on your OSSC with a VGA cable. Power the HAS with the Meanwell RT-85A. Purchase and connect a Capcom IO between the Naomi and HAS. The Capcom IO will power the Naomi off of the JAMMA power provided by the HAS and Meanwell PSU. Plug a controller with DB-15 pinout into the HAS but be aware that you’ll be limited to only joystick Naomi games. The Capcom IO also has some input lag.

2) Don’t use the HAS or Meanwell PSU at all. Connect the Naomi directly to the VGA input on your OSSC with a VGA cable. Use a PC ATX PSU with the Irken cable to power the Naomi. Purchase and use a Iona JVS adapter with an Xbox controller. You’ll then be able to play Naomi joystick and analog control (driving, flying, Virtual On) games with no input lag.

The Meanwell RT-85A will work fine for the HAS and any JAMMA boards you plug into it. However Naomi isn’t JAMMA so it needs to have power, controls and video all adapted in some way. Here’s two possible scenarios:

1) Connect the Naomi to the VGA input on your OSSC with a VGA cable. Power the HAS with the Meanwell RT-85A. Purchase and connect a Capcom IO between the Naomi and HAS. The Capcom IO will power the Naomi off of the JAMMA power provided by the HAS and Meanwell PSU. Plug a controller with DB-15 pinout into the HAS but be aware that you’ll be limited to only joystick Naomi games. The Capcom IO also has some input lag.

2) Don’t use the HAS or Meanwell PSU at all. Connect the Naomi directly to the VGA input on your OSSC with a VGA cable. Use a PC ATX PSU with the Irken cable to power the Naomi. Purchase and use a Iona JVS adapter with an Xbox controller. You’ll then be able to play Naomi joystick and analog control (driving, flying, Virtual On) games with no input lag.
I believe I have explained my set up in my question that you are replying too. I am using your scenario 1 but was making sure the psu I'm using for the Naomi (Mvc2) is the proper psu to use for Naomi or if it's an underpowered psu for this setup.

I stand corrected. I missed that you already had a Capcom IO.

I don’t use the Capcom IO with Naomi so I’ll be quiet now and let someone who does use the Capcom IO talk about the PSU they use. :thumbsup:

I stand corrected. I missed that you already had a Capcom IO.

I don’t use the Capcom IO with Naomi so I’ll be quiet now and let someone who does use the Capcom IO talk about the PSU they use. :thumbsup:
No problem, I totally appreciate the help either way. Thank you.

Reactions: RGB
Back