What's new
damn it I just use my extra arcade money on a metamorphic force pcb. I'll keep my eye on this just in case I get some disposable income

you could use an old IDE drive jumper to bridge the S-Video Cable and then tape up the end, it seems a lot more work to dig up one but seems more secure.
DN2VphK.jpg

ironically, the thing I demonstrated probably would make a bridge, would the capacitor wreck anything though?

Attachments

• DN2VphK.jpg
    DN2VphK.jpg
    808.2 KB · Views: 268
  • dea3541035fec3bdc0c25d5b27dddda8.jpg
    dea3541035fec3bdc0c25d5b27dddda8.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:
Hmmm....Im so excited about this, that I think I am gonna dedicate 4 boards for it instead of using the multis and have some nice CPS2 labels made for them. I might even paint the cases.

This thread makes me regret selling my original Tournament boards... :(
+1 ;(
...is there an effective limit on the S-Video length or can I use some of those 50ft monoprice S-video cables I have kicking around?
As Mitsu replied before, you can use some really long cables at they'll still work. However, I'd recommend as short (and as high/good quality) as possible

One of my shorter cables failed back in the day, and I seem to remember digging out the only replacement I could find - a 10metre cable - and seeing a bit of lag on that screen.
Not lag in the gameplay, as that takes place on each board, but in stuff like the attract sequence when screen 1,2 & 3 all showed the same, but screen 4 was just slightly behind in catching up.

I'd like a set of 4 too.

Just to confirm would you require 4 CPS2 boards of the same region? Or will it work with multiple regions as long as they have the same Tournament roms on board?

I'd like to order 4 please. Thank you :)

Does anyone have a better scan of the TB label for the CPS2??

I found this one online and tried to clean up a bit, but my graphics skills are just the worse.

_street_fighter_ii_tournament_battle_english_label.jpg

my attempt at cleaning it up
Repro_ssf2TB.jpg

I have 4 NC boards ready to be updated to TB and would like nice labels to go with them.

Patiently waiting for DS to make those comm boards.

Attachments

• Repro_ssf2TB.jpg
    Repro_ssf2TB.jpg
    736 KB · Views: 256
That actually looks pretty solid considering the source image you're working with.

Thanks, If I cant get anything better it will have to do. So, will get some labels printed.

Back