What's new
Want To Buy

Dreygor

Grand Master
Reaction score
I have looked at allot of places and most are out .. even Digikey. I have gotten a few PMs and maybe one had the connectors but no pins. I need to build a couple of harnesses and I am not having any luck.

These are the connectors / pins used on the long connectors on CN3 on Sega 837-14572 I/Os out of the Sega Linbergh Universal cabs.

SEGA-837-14572-JVS-I-O-PCB-Ver-3.jpg

Giz10 only place I ever found them, but like you said via PM the pins are not in stock... :(

What I also did once was harvest a loom from a NNC, Videotronics in the UK was selling those back then.

Can you shove a IDE head into that socket?
IDE60.jpg

I know it won't fit cleanly but it should make contact with all the necessary pins no?

Giz10 only place I ever found them, but like you said via PM the pins are not in stock... :(

What I also did once was harvest a loom from a NNC, Videotronics in the UK was selling those back then.
Yeah still half tempted get some and just try to find crimp pins that fit.

Can you shove a IDE head into that socket?

I know it won't fit cleanly but it should make contact with all the necessary pins no?
Could possibly work as a last resort. I have a month or two before my cabs will be here so I will give it a good try to aquire what I need before i resort to desperation.

I think you can use these from TE, they should be equivalent to the JST

https://www.te.com/usa-en/product-1-102387-1.html
Do you think the pins from that would work in the connectors that @PascalP suggested at https://www.giz10p.co.uk/machine-parts/jst-ra/60-pin-housing-jst-ra.html ?

Do you think the pins from that would work in the connectors that @PascalP suggested at giz10p.co.uk/machine-parts/jst-ra/60-pin-housing-jst-ra.html
I would say no, but TE connector and pins should work fine with the connector on the IO.

Last edited:
Reactions: nem
What is it that you are having a hard time getting, the pins or the connectors? You can probably just order both direct from JST

https://order.jst-mfg.com/InternetShop/app/

They have the pins in stock RA-SC1290, the connectors you have to inquiry and they will let you know when they are available.

This site has 17 of the connectors, never bought from them before so....

https://www.yoycart.com/Product/23743128358/
OK went with JST and awaiting quotes. I did not really need 10 of each connector but I figured what the heck lol.

No:1
Code:47072000
Internal name:H12P-SHF-AA
Price:0.399 USD
Quantity:10
Amount:3.99 USD

No:2
Code:47086000
Internal name:H8P-SHF-AA (P)
Price:0.2598 USD
Amount:2.60 USD

No:3
Code:38306900
Internal name:RA-SC1290
Price:0.065 USD
Quantity:350
Amount:22.75 USD

No:4
Code:38023200
Internal name:SHF-001T-0.8BS
Price:0.065 USD
Quantity:150
Amount:9.75 USD

No:5
Code:47586900
Internal name:RA-6011
Price:1.1043 USD
Amount:11.04 USD

Products amount:50.13 USD

Went ahead and grabbed some other connectors for making Blast City connectors and extra button harness for some of the other Sega I/Os I have.

Soooo yeah this is going to take a few weeks to get to me. For some reason they don't like my credit\debit cards and I have to get my bank to do a wire transfer.

Yeah, your bank might be declining it cause it appears as overseas charge. My does that shit all the time, I have to call in so they can put approve the charge but vendor has to process it again.

I might do that because my bank is telling me that its $24 to wire transfer internationally and takes 5-6 days :(

It happened the first time ordered, after I called in no more issues.

Which number did you call? This one ?

Phone number : +81-90-3032-2008 (JST 9:00~17:00)

Well when it declined my card I clicked on the bank button and gave me a blurb about using my quote number and my order disappeared from my shopping cart. So now I will need to call both most likely.

YAY!! All the card situations were taken care of and I actually managed to order all I needed ... for now :)

Also I would like to add that the JST support staff were very courteous to work with :)

Last edited:
OK cool so all the parts I ordered from JST in Japan came. Pretty fast considering a hurricane just passed through here. I hope the RA-6011 are right. They seem kind of small but I dont have a I\O to fit it up in just yet.

69889252_377711499592476_5919055268552900608_n.jpg

If you have spares I’ll buy them from you. I need to make a couple of harnesses to hook these IOs to the vewlixs.

yeah I've been trying to ra-6011 and ra-sc1290 from them and my card is not accepted. If anyone wants to hook me up here that would be awesome

Back