What's new
Want To Buy

nismopunch

Professional
Reaction score
This series appears to have gone the wayside and the 04v is not available on digikey or any other site i've seen that doesn't require a huge order. There is aliexpress but its a month to find out if they shipped the right thing. I have a bunch of female connectors, but no male ones..ugh

Anyone have one with socket contacts they wanna sell me off a junk harness or something? Some of my harnesses I have not related to card readers have the females ones, so I think they were pretty common in Sega harnesses for other uses.

Here is what it looks like from the one I do have..need two lol

ylp-04v.jpg

Thanks Corey! I checked around their site but do not see the compatible socket contacts for sale for it :(

Just order directly from JST, I do it all the time, shipped directly from japan. I buy a lot of their connectors so I end up getting their free shipping, which is great, DHL Express which is super fast.

For free shipping I believe their minimum order is $50, and their minimum order quantity of any 1 item is 10. Check out their site JST

But if you just need the one connecter someone will probably hook you up.

thanks derick. didnt know you could order directly from jst. that will make things much simpler in the future

Yup, I went nuts looking for a jst connector, I could not source it from anywhere, and when I did find it, they wanted me to buy a minimum of like 5,000 when I only needed like 20. So I got tired of looking and went straight to JST, Problem solved and at cheaper prices than elsewhere too. :D

Last edited:
Thanks for all the help guys! I actually did order a male/female set of the VLP 4pin connectors, but according to the diagram they are slightly larger. I wanted to keep the connector on the card reader stock for whatever reason...even though I am making harnesses for it lol. Im going to check cdiweb and JST as well since I did not know you can order directly from them.

Ended up ordering the YL connectors from JST, and you were right Derick..it is actually really cheap! Problem solved lol

Back