What's new
I use a sanwa psu in my cab that output +12, +5 & +3.3 then use a negation for any PCB's that need -5V think the part no is swn-jvs. It's 110/220 switchable too.

If you own a blast city the -001 loom sorts naomi power out and you can get naomi compatible psu's in some sega cabs and taito Egret 3,AWSD, cyberlead, windy2 candy cabs.

You could get a 3.3V psu to supplement the jamma PSU or mod the capcom/sega IO with a 6A dc-dc converter so it outputs enough power.

Negatrons rock, if you need to add one quickly and easily to a JAMMA setup I would highly recommend RGB's RECO device.
23426385166_d527845625_z.jpg

See the little black connector directly below the volt meter screen?
You just plug the Negatron into that and adjust the dial until you get a solid -5v.

As a bonus it has some nice button remapping and auto fire options.
It will also consolidate various JAMMA+ edges (JAMMA connectors that include buttons 4 and 5) into a single CPS2/3 style kicks connector.

*Update*
I found a image with one installed...
23369799631_7491d7742c_z.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good info! I'll have to think on all of this and see what I want to do. I do understand much better now why everyone wants a Multi-Cart.

To this day I still get a lot of questions and PMs about chaining 2 IOs to play 4 player. Here's a shit tier MS paint drawing to clear it up a bit. Farthest right IO is actually 3p and 4p not 2/3.

powerstone2.png

This is only one alternate to using the capcom IO in 4p mode. The above concept works with JVS IO's or even combination of 1 JVS and 1 JAMMA sega IO. It's pretty friendly as long as test mode is set up right (read: 4 player cab in system assignments!)

This is really fun for power stone 2, WWF royal rumble, and (on naomi 2) beach spikers.

Last edited:
@arcadeWC it only works if the game supports multiple IOs. I don't think you can just leave them hooked up.

The way it works is as you guessed; the NAOMI is hooked to the first IO with a USB cable, then the 2nd USB port on the IO is linked to the next IO board.

Power Stone 2 supports this for 4 players (2 on each IO). Some other games like MvC2, CvS2, will support 1 player on each of the 2 IOs (making it pretty easy to link cabs for those games). Also the trackball games (virtua golf, outtrigger) use a 2nd IO in the chain for the trackball IO.
Trying to tell from your picture, but were you able to "daisy-chain" two JVS Jamma I/O board together using the USB output of the one
Is this daisy-chain technique only possible with the "JVS Jamma I/O" board? or can you do this with an "837-13551" JVS IO, also?

Is this daisy-chain technique only possible with the "JVS Jamma I/O" board? or can you do this with an "837-13551" JVS IO, also?
Most JVS IOs have a input and an output port for this purpose, including the 837-13551

out of the common JVS IOs that people use the only one that doesn't have this functionality is the Capcom IO

Most JVS IOs have a input and an output port for this purpose, including the 837-13551
out of the common JVS IOs that people use the only one that doesn't have this functionality is the Capcom IO
I attempted to use this functionality on a pair of 13551's and I wound up with a JVS error saying there were no nodes detected. I had attempted to use the 5v output power to over the secondary cards input. Is that the right way?

Per the pinouts here, it seems I could use CN8 from one card to power CN7, is that correct? http://triplemoonstar.brinkster.net/theshed/default.asp?stockid=1718

Was it the GAME that gave you that error or the NAOMI?

you should be able to go into the NAOMI test mode and the JVS test will let you cycle through the JVS nodes.

this pass through on these PCBs is how the Net City actually does linking between two cabinets from the factory (ie P1 on cab 1 P2 on Cab 2, each on their own JVS node), I've used this functionality with these IOs myself a few times.

as for the power connectors I see no reason why running CN8 on one PCb to CN7 on other shouldn't work, it's just a 5V pass-through.

I'd make sure each IO works individually in the NAOMI JVS test, that the JVS cable you're using is good and that both IOs are receiving power.

sorry for not specifying, yes this was the NAOMI test menu inside of the JVS test menu. No nodes were identified. When I power cycled and unplugged the second IO the first showed back up in the test menu.

I was testing on my 18 wheeler cab, and it doesn't have the pass through cable on its own, my NNC does however. I was trying to see if I could get Ringout working.

Good call on the USB cable check. I'll do that, and try again. Thanks.

For posterity, here is the error that Ringout tossed when it only found one IO board, which prompted me to head down this path.

index.php

IF I get it figured out, I'll update my original post on it here:
Has anyone messed with Ringout on a driving cab? How do I get two I/O boards running?

I ran across this particular post trying to search for more answers on proper daisy-chaining.

Back