What's new
Thanks for the info! Completely missed that.

If you wouldn't mind whipping one up, that'd be awesome! I'll PM you!

Thanks for the info! Completely missed that.

If you wouldn't mind whipping one up, that'd be awesome! I'll PM you!
NP - let me know how long a cable you need and I'll put it together right now since I have the parts handy.

Does anyone have an LCD with right angle connector already attached that they'd be happy to part with?

I'm putting the multi into a Jansens Customs case (Cheers @kazuo), and while I'm just about comfortable with the basic soldering for the test and volume buttons onto the A board, changing out the 14 pin connector is beyond me I'm afraid.

I'm in the UK, so I've reached out for someone to do the job locally, but if I can simply pick up a second screen then all the better.

Aw shoot. I would've just traded LCDs with you instead of taking the connector out! I should've thought about doing that sooner. My mistake. ;(

If you can't find anyone local, let me know and I can probably just order another connector, swap it on mine, then send it out to you.

Aw shoot. I would've just traded LCDs with you instead of taking the connector out! I should've thought about doing that sooner. My mistake. ;(

If you can't find anyone local, let me know and I can probably just order another connector, swap it on mine, then send it out to you.
I think I’ve found someone who’s able to do it. Thanks though dude.

Soo here is my issue with the LCD. I have the champion edition cps2 Darksoft. I ordered it with the longer LCD cable which I forgot I had when I was doing my installation. so I installed the shorter provided ribbon cable. everything worked fine then I realized I had the longer ribbon cable. So I installed it to my surprise the kit loads the last game in memory but nothing (no text) shows on the LCD, buttons don't work. all it can do is boot to the last game. I swapped it back to the shorter cable and everything came back to normal. Does anyone have an idea of what is going on?

Sounds like a dodgy cable.

Try pressing down on the plastic housing to push the ribbon into the connectors pins. You can gently use a pair of pliers if need be.

Soo here is my issue with the LCD. I have the champion edition cps2 Darksoft. I ordered it with the longer LCD cable which I forgot I had when I was doing my installation. so I installed the shorter provided ribbon cable. everything worked fine then I realized I had the longer ribbon cable. So I installed it to my surprise the kit loads the last game in memory but nothing (no text) shows on the LCD, buttons don't work. all it can do is boot to the last game. I swapped it back to the shorter cable and everything came back to normal. Does anyone have an idea of what is going on?
Exactly that, a bad cable. Be careful as if the cable is making some kind of shortcut it can damage your multi. Try what @djsheep recommended and if that doesnt work, request a change/refund.

Whomever is making those cables NEEDS to do QC for each cable.

Exactly that, a bad cable. Be careful as if the cable is making some kind of shortcut it can damage your multi. Try what @djsheep recommended and if that doesnt work, request a change/refund.

not going to risk it I'm just going to get a new cable. any recommendation? also, I think it may be too late for a refund. I did get the cable along with my kit from high score save. However, I waited months before installing it and months again before working on my big blue and bringing up the issue.

Hey everyone,

Earlier today I was soldering in a right-angle connector on my LCD so I could mount it in a case. I thought everything went well enough, but when I powered up the multi, the backlight was working but none of the characters were working. Games booted and played fine. Then while I was fiddling with it, I did something and the board power off and something smelled hot. I powered everything down quickly and unplugged the LCD. After letting everything sit for a few minutes, I powered up again and everything seems to be working still, but I was too scared to plug the LCD back in. I think I've either got a short, or I accidentally shorted some pins on the LCD while I was looking at it. Either way, I figure it's time to call it quits before I do some damage.

Is there anyone that would either take a look at and fix my LCD or sell me one with a right angle bracket already installed?

Thanks in advance.

In case anyone is curious and wants to do the same, I purchased a Winstar OLED display that follows the HD44780 standard and it works! It's even more crisp in-person.

Here is the link to the AliExpress listing for it.
Note that the contrast POT is now disconnected as this display doesn't have adjustable contrast.

The pictures are a bit blurry due to the shutter speed. Don't let that sway you. :D

Attachments

• OLED.jpg
    OLED.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_6304.jpg
    IMG_6304.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
My CPS2 multi LCD screen was damaged and I ended up buying a replacement on Amazon and soldered it in. It works just fine. The dimensions are slightly different so I had to modify the 3D printed case I had for it slightly, but it running well. Four replacement screens were included for about $13 so I have some backups if needed for the future.

Back