What's new
Want To Buy
I need a 5261 psu looked at. It keeps blowing a fuse.

without plugging in the demag connection to the PSU, no fuse blown. Soon as I plugged it, the fuse blew

What fuse are you blowing? The one at the back of the cab?

The demag connection is for a momentary push button switch, nothing else. It has nothing to do with the PSU. The button resides in the same enclosure as the PSU board, but they're not connected in any way.

EDIT: you will want to meter the demag connector on the PSU enclosure. I suspect the button is stuck.

Last edited:
The mean well wont be a simple swap though, which psu is in AC, there are a whole bunch apparently that are used.

Didn't come with one. Seller had the aforementioned SuzoHapp in it and had rigged up coin/test/service buttons.

What fuse are you blowing? The one at the back of the cab?

The demag connection is for a momentary push button switch, nothing else. It has nothing to do with the PSU. The button resides in the same enclosure as the PSU board, but they're not connected in any way.

EDIT: you will want to meter the demag connector on the PSU enclosure. I suspect the button is stuck.
the fuse in the PSU that goes into a screwed-in enclosure in the front. I checked for continuity on the degauss circtuit and degauss switch is working as intended.

Oh yeah, I forgot that in an Astro the fuse is on the front of PSU enclosure, and not at the back.

If your degauss switch is working normally it doesn't really make any sense that the fuse would blow. It's an open connection, doesn't matter if the demag harness is connected or not. It's the switch that closes the connection (and initiates the degauss on the chassis).

Last edited:
Oh yeah, I forgot that in an Astro the fuse is on the front of PSU enclosure, and not at the back.

If your degauss switch is working normally it doesn't really make any sense that the fuse would blow. It's an open connection, doesn't matter if the demag harness is connected or not. It's the switch that closes the connection (and initiates the degauss on the chassis).
Talking to a friend he suggested it's gotta be the AC to DC rectifier on the chassis as that and the rgb cables are the only things I left connected from that loom coming from the psu. I disconnected the degausser on the chassis and fuse still blew.

The fuse on the PSU enclosure is the main AC fuse, so if you have anything downstream that is faulty, it can blow. It can be the PSU board, the marquee light or the monitor chassis.

So yeah, there's something wrong with your chassis. Look up 'MS9 blowing fuses' on Google.

Sending the chassis to Sharper Image Repair in hopes they can pin point the issue

The fuse on the PSU enclosure is the main AC fuse, so if you have anything downstream that is faulty, it can blow. It can be the PSU board, the marquee light or the monitor chassis.

So yeah, there's something wrong with your chassis. Look up 'MS9 blowing fuses' on Google.
I have a similar issue with my Egret II. I've narrowed it down to the MS9 Chassis.

My PSU Fuse would blow when I have the Chassis fuse inserted. removing the chassis fuse and a fresh PSU fuse allows my EgretII to boots up Marquee light, Game Audio, and obviously no video. Am I correct to assume chassis is the issue here?

Sending the chassis to Sharper Image Repair in hopes they can pin point the issue

I'm on the verge to do the same. Did Sharper Image identify the issue? Is your chassis and setup working properly now?

Back