What's new
Want To Buy
Blast/Aero/Noir are easier to come by. The rest, not so much. KC has Blast and Aeros right now I think, just buy with extreme caution; as most here will tell you, absolutely vet any cabinet you buy from him. It is best to have someone in LA area look at the cabs for you and get the condition squared away in advance, since he doesn't provide very good or trustworthy details himself, and frequently his stuff comes in bad shape. Also, recommend using PayPal Goods/Services in case anything goes wrong. Otherwise nobody's really in the game for these right now since they're all getting bought up by someone *cough* before any of us can get them and actually service them before selling them.

Abigail from Snow Phoenix is also looking to try to import some more cabs for East Coast, I believe she made a post here and you can discuss with her too. I can't promise you anything any time soon, and it'd be better to ask maybe one of the people on East Coast that are trying to start containers. Eventually one of them will move forward, and I'm sure you'll see a post from someone! I'm really hoping someone can make this happen, West Coast Best Coast but that doesn't mean we don't love our brothas on the other side :)

Sounds reasonable any links to ongoing east coast posts would be appreciated. Pretty hesitant to order across country especially on used mechs. Any lines on MVS? This forum seems pretty focused on candy variants

He's going to be doing an order of candies. No MVS cabinets.
could I get his email. I’d be willing to drive to SC for a pickup. Toronto is barren.
I don't want to line up anybody yet as it's his timelines, and he's measuring twice/cutting once before engaging with the community.
He's preparing to post within a month or so here.

More to come.

I'd be in for one or two good condition cabinets (not interested in a DIY project) if an East Coast group buy happens.

I too am on the lookout here on the East Coast. I'd love any connection people would be willing to share!

I have a barn that’s cold but lived in that has storage and electricity. If someone would help me with a distributor I could definitely put something together as far as being someone who can do group buys.

However this is an at your own risk deal as all distribution centers in China are liars. We have seen this numerous times when doing group buys. I guarantee it’s going to be $700-900 for project cabs and that most probably won’t work , will be dirty as hell and will need complete restorations. If you want a good idea look at the last group buy. Expect that

If someone would help me with a distributor I could definitely put something together as far as being someone who can do group buys.
Being the dude who runs group buys is /because/ you can get the distributor, know how to import, etc... If you need help with that, you aren't the guy who can do group buys, you're just a guy offering storage space.

this is an at your own risk deal
That didn't work for the last group buy dude. Wouldn't work for you. Once you take money, you're responsible for the end result.

Ken from The Game Room was good for me, 3.5 years ago when I bought from him. Bought 2 Astros from him and he shipped them to the East Coast for $500 - and $150 of that was the forklift fee to get them to my door because I didn't have a loading dock.

Unfortunately, looks like his price for Astros has doubled since then, as mine cost me $1500 for the pair before shipping and now he's asking $1500 for one.

Still though... If you want a candy shipped to you, and you want to be sure it's going to work (he sent me plenty of pics, even got the 2p panels I requested, albeit a little rusty), he's a good choice - http://thegameroom.com/arcade-games.shtml

If someone would help me with a distributor I could definitely put something together as far as being someone who can do group buys.
Being the dude who runs group buys is /because/ you can get the distributor, know how to import, etc... If you need help with that, you aren't the guy who can do group buys, you're just a guy offering storage space.

this is an at your own risk deal
That didn't work for the last group buy dude. Wouldn't work for you. Once you take money, you're responsible for the end result.
Thanks
appreciate the suggestions.

I have a barn that’s cold but lived in that has storage and electricity. If someone would help me with a distributor I could definitely put something together as far as being someone who can do group buys.
I think you should rethink what you are capable of and not expect someone to just set you up with a distributor.

There is a reason, especially this day and age, so few are willing to take the risk. There are ppl out there with the money to fund their own container, yet still don't take the risk and work involved. Even more so, considering how much both price and demand have increased.

This isn't meant to be rude, its the cold truth. You wanna risk other ppl's money to do this?

If you screw up and the cabs literally don't arrive, get held, heavily damaged, hit with more custom fees. Are you just gonna tell the folks that paid in "That's the risk" Or how about the HK or Chinese "distributor" that takes you for a ride using a middleman in JP to claim the cabs are "legit Japanese" and never set foot in China? Then you get a bunch of 220v, beat to shit ashtrays, called cabs?

There is more involved dude, to include you are at risk.

I think you should rethink what you are capable of and not expect someone to just set you up with a distributor.

There is a reason, especially this day and age, so few are willing to take the risk. There are ppl out there with the money to fund their own container, yet still don't take the risk and work involved. Even more so, considering how much both price and demand have increased.

This isn't meant to be rude, its the cold truth. You wanna risk other ppl's money to do this?

If you screw up and the cabs literally don't arrive, get held, heavily damaged, hit with more custom fees. Are you just gonna tell the folks that paid in "That's the risk" Or how about the HK or Chinese "distributor" that takes you for a ride using a middleman in JP to claim the cabs are "legit Japanese" and never set foot in China? Then you get a bunch of 220v, beat to shit ashtrays, called cabs?

There is more involved dude, to include you are at risk.
^ This. I was planning on doing a container this summer and after discussing it with 'ReplicaX' 'DecepticonZero' and 'kidpanda', I decided against it due to risk alone. There is no way of knowing what condition the cabs are going to be in once they get to you, and no real recourse if they aren’t good. People could easily say “I want this” and when it shows up they want out, don’t have the money, or don’t want to pay. The risk is massive to the organizer.

OP if you want a candy, and it’s your first cabinet, stick to something like an Astro or New Astro. There are cabs on the east coast but you will have to drive or ship.

There is no way of knowing what condition the cabs are going to be in once they get to you, and no real recourse if they aren’t good. People could easily say “I want this” and when it shows up they want out, don’t have the money, or don’t want to pay. The risk is massive to the organizer.
That's just it, if you know a good/reliable distributor then the risk is lower because you know a good/reliable distributor.

IMO if you're going to import cabs (or anything else for that matter) the RIGHT way to do it is to just bank-roll the whole thing up front yourself bring them in and don't accept a dime from anyone until you have physical possession of them and can determine what you're dealing with. And if you don't trust the source enough to put 100% of the money up front yourself, then you really shouldn't be doing it with other people's money either.

There is no way of knowing what condition the cabs are going to be in once they get to you, and no real recourse if they aren’t good. People could easily say “I want this” and when it shows up they want out, don’t have the money, or don’t want to pay. The risk is massive to the organizer.
That's just it, if you know a good/reliable distributor then the risk is lower because you know a good/reliable distributor.
IMO if you're going to import cabs (or anything else for that matter) the RIGHT way to do it is to just bank-roll the whole thing up front yourself bring them in and don't accept a dime from anyone until you have physical possession of them and can determine what you're dealing with. And if you don't trust the source enough to put 100% of the money up front yourself, then you really shouldn't be doing it with other people's money either.
Exactly, and that was the plan. I was gonna bankroll the deal and then sell the cabs. But at this late stage of the game, it would be too much a risk of a full container.

“Unfortunately, looks like his price for Astros has doubled since then, as mine cost me $1500 for the pair before shipping and now he's asking $1500 for one.“

I have never purchased from the gameroom but have heard good things.. $1500 for an Astro that has been serviced and accurately described to the buyer is a great east cost price..

Everyone wants the best but the near best passed a while back, new Sanwa pdf monitors for $450, add a NNC, restore that shi*t put the Sanwa pdf in and you have close to a new cab..

In my opinion the best next deal are the Areros for $450 (that is if KC is not using old stock pictures again and they are not beyond help) take them straight to be reprinted and fully restored, hunt down a few WG25” monitors and there you go..that is my plan..

For the rest of the cabs that are coming from Japan, yeah, they are all projects cabs. The days of no burn in tubes are gone.. now we have descriptions such as, no noticeable burn, minor burn and a no burn in that will be an additional $800.. that was what I was quoted by the gameroom over 5 years ago.no matters how you look at it, it is a bad time to get CRT cabs..

For those above offering constructive criticism, I am offering my knowledge and connections, albeit still not all-encompassing, to those who are interested in starting their own containers. I can't promise it means a successful group buy, but anyone willing to make the effort, I'll be providing everything I am capable of to in order to make it happen smoothly.

Back