What's new
Want To Buy
1) you could have stopped at your first post
2) you don’t define what a group buy is, and don’t even understand semantics in the first place
3) you have been bald-faced lying to people about me for the last year or two without even understanding what I do, and it absolutely astounds me that you still don’t understand it
4) you only speak to badmouth others in the industry, with no backing evidence, based entirely on what you imagine we do and think is wrong, and assume everything you do is right
5) you don’t even realize how much the rest of us have actually done to give you business since before you started posting online, and how much we do to inform your buyers so that they can have smoother transactions with you. Yes we have a lot of negative things to say about you, but that’s because you repeatedly act in a fashion that attracts negative review, and there is constant evidence of it. You are arrogant, rude, extremely competitive, have an enormous ego, and you let those things dictate your interactions with your colleagues. You wanna drive us out? Go ahead and try. You’re the only one suffering from how you act. We all want you to succeed, but we also all want you to treat your customers with more care than a cow to be milked. Cabs less than $1,000? People have been doing that for years, you aren’t the only fish in the sea, nor some golden deity everyone should worship because you import cabs like you think you are. 30 years in the business? That doesn’t mean jack shit when markets change, if you don’t change with them even a tenured operation will fail. Group buy? Who said following a dictated definition to the letter was required to not be a scumbag? You literally are the one calling me a group buy over and over. You choose to recognize me as an individual when it fits your needs, and as a business when it doesn’t. Actually, I don’t even think you realize the latter.

Your interactions online are full of shit, grow up. I’ve spent 2 years sending people your way, helping them make smooth purchases, fixing stuff after they buy from you, trying to be professional and avoid speaking negatively without reason, and I keep hearing things from your customers about the shittalk you give me. The rest of us are tired of it. We WANT you to sell stuff because we can’t meet demand, but not with a trash attitude and zero accountability for your actions. Still think we don’t need a KC thread? Maybe we actually do need one so this shit doesn’t keep coming up in other people’s posts.

Same reason Nintendo USA is in Redmond WA and not NYC.
How do you explain the Nintendo Store though? Because we're closer to Japan over here, and I'm bummed the Nintendo Store is across the country :(

I was really hoping this nonsense would have stayed on the FB group...we don’t need that here
I second it. Yes, everyone has opinions, experiences, and a fair few people have very good reasons to be upset, but we don't need unrelated threads turning into bashing threads. We have a feedback section, move that stuff there:

Feedback Thread!

@rewrite he even has one Positive feedback to KC

I should add my review. I’m a happy buyer, but I was educated on what I would get, that shipping was more than I was expecting, that I had to put in work to get the condition I was after etc.

Buying arcades feels more like buying old cars than it does collecting console/video games. More effort and time, not to mention cost, than most expect.
..all my CRT cabs have come from members of the community which have been up front with accurately describing the cabs and without hesitation, I paid the asking price and arranged shipping with STI.

My LCDs cabs were from KC and I was happy with both transactions and I recommend KC for LCD cabs.

CRT cabs - I never recommend KC because KC does not accurately describe the cabs and it seems that he does not even test them (maybe because he sells so many or busy, I don't know).. I purchased an Egreet II a while back from KC and paid over $600 to send it back to him because the cab was not as described and the monitor burn in was like seeing a picture. I wired KC full payment for the 4 Aeros plus shipping but if @rewrite was not on KC's location to take a look at the cabs for me when they arrive, I would have not purchased.. simply put, if the cabs are beyond help, I am not buying.. But again,, $450 for Aeros cabs is an insane deal, even if you have to buy new control panels..maybe because I am from the East Coast and candy cabs are rare but I have not seen those prices not even during the early group buys at the NeoGeo forum.

My LCDs cabs were from KC and I was happy with both transactions and I recommend KC for LCD cabs.
I've stated my peace on the situation I had with a Vewlix AMI. In the end, he did send the proper LCD to replace a hacked broadcast monitor. The only thing I didn't like was being told I know nothing about VLX. Which is laughable. But whatever, I've dealt with egos in the industry since the '94.

Hopefully, from that experience he takes the time to simply check the LCDs in all his VLX cabs that come in to avoid that situation from now on.

Hi I'm the aforementioned Abi. I'll be making a thread on candies I have available coming to Pittsburgh. Hang tight.

Just, ya know, keeping the thread on topic.

And making the case for myself over kc (like yall needed one) I spend extra in Japan to have the cabs brought in, cleaned up, and tested beyond simple power-on. It costs more all around but just buying shit and having it stuffed in a container but so far in 3 years of importing I've only had 2 major issues with customers cabs ending up damaged or unworking. Both times I've gone way further than I could have gone but post-sale care is something I would expect if I were buying arcades. I have only specialized in music games up to this point but the support network I help keep going is fantastic and makes all those purchases super super easy. We're kind enough amongst ourselves to take in the KC refugees with their generally untested and dirty cabs which honestly sucks for me because it lowers the rate I can get things in and it gives everyone stupid headaches.
I'm surprised it seems like the candy cab market is a lot of fending for yourself, like I definitely see myself as a seller as someone's first line of help no matter what comes up; either it being providing solutions or getting you to a place where someone can help you.

Last edited:
Hi I'm the aforementioned Abi. I'll be making a thread on candies I have available coming to Pittsburgh. Hang tight.

And making the case for myself over kc (like yall needed one) I spend extra in Japan to have the cabs brought in, cleaned up, and tested beyond simple power-on. It costs more all around but just buying shit and having it stuffed in a container but so far in 3 years of importing I've only had 2 major issues with customers cabs ending up damaged or unworking. Both times I've gone way further than I could have gone but post-sale care is something I would expect if I were buying arcades. I have only specialized in music games up to this point but the support network I help keep going is fantastic and makes all those purchases super super easy. We're kind enough amongst ourselves to take in the KC refugees with their generally untested and dirty cabs which honestly sucks for me because it lowers the rate I can get things in and it gives everyone stupid headaches.
I'm surprised it seems like the candy cab market is a lot of fending for yourself, like I definitely see myself as a seller as someone's first line of help no matter what comes up; either it being providing solutions or getting you to a place where someone can help you.
"Here comes a new challenger":).....Welcome Abi, Cereth mentioned you before; you already have the best referral there is...looking forward to your tread and I wish you were in my area:)..

Yes! I too am excited to see what you may have available! GREAT NEWS!

And on that subject, expect at least 2 east coast orders to come up soon. Good things are being done. I’ll have assessed the situation by next year and start doing what I can for my end too.
Yes can’t wait good things coming love it....

Good to see you on here very hyped as I’ve said to you before 4 hours is nothing for travel time.

Blast city $800 have stock

Attachments

• IMG_6360 (2).JPG
    IMG_6360 (2).JPG
    946.8 KB · Views: 94
Thread op didn’t ask for two of these
Thread op hasn't asked for 90% of this conversation.

Several parties keep coming at him with their own interests in mind and no one is actually helping dude get a cab. Just talking about containers to come in the future (which sure, is getting him a cab eventually, but not directly), and their own containers, their Japanese contacts, friends containers, cabs for sale on the West coast (which he specifically did not ask for), Facebook, Abigail, KC. But seriously this thread has turned from simple "I want to buy a cab, I'm located here." to a bunch of BS that belongs in like seven other threads.

I'm not normally so forward, but man, if people don't actually have a cab to sell this guy, maybe just don't post in his thread anymore until they do?

And this totally isn't about you. Or KC. Or anyone else in particular. Rather, everyone. Everyone is just totally derailing this and no one is really helping the guy get a cab. This is a post in the B/S/T area of the forum, not general chat. :/

Last edited:
Back