What's new

iiamsiincere

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello

I hope this isn't considered a bad question to ask. To anyone who has used both real hardware and used the TeknoParrot emulator, could you tell me what you may have noticed the differences are?
From what I read, TeknoParrot works differently than most emulators in that it's not exactly emulating the game itself but the "process" that (say for example) the Sega Lindbergh Yellow will go through to turn on and launch a game like OutRun 2. The other difference being that it bypasses any security based hardware that may be associated with the board.

I'm also curious if you could take a game that is supported by TeknoParrot, some how put it on a hard drive and have it start up the same exact way (or very close) to the actual hardware.

Having owned both a oem HOD4 cab & played it on the Type x3 multi with a mouse on my Lindy joystick cab I can't really tell the difference.

I'm also curious if you could take a game that is supported by TeknoParrot, some how put it on a hard drive and have it start up the same exact way (or very close) to the actual hardware.
You can do just about anything you want in windows at startup by writing a batch file.

Some games are different. After Burner for example the throttle is half assed, you can speed up but you can't slow all the way down to try and avoid missiles that are behind you or enemy planes that stays behind you, which also means you cannot switch to the After Burner 2 soundtrack before a game starts.
You have to assign a dedicated button to go in Climax mode, you can't mimic how the actual cabinet handles going into Climax mode.

Sound also sounds garbled up sometimes through Tekno when it comes to Lindbergh games, something to do with how audio is handled in Linux vs how audio is handled in Windows.
Sega Race TV you cannot complete a run as it will crash on your third race meaning you can't get the credit roll.

I have a friend that has a After Burner 2 converted to After Burner Climax with the use of Tekno and if left running long enough will crash back to desktop, for that one i'm working with him to run the PS3 version on that cabinet instead as its way more stable and proper controls can be configured for everything.

Back