What's new
care to trade them for some of your unwanted Wolf Units?
I've only got one Wolf Unit, Rampage World Tour... The only Wolf Unit a person need own. ;)

I am interested in Naomi carts for conversion purposes however, as discussed I'd love to have that JVS patched CvS2 on cart.

What on earth is Star Horse 2?

And why did Star Horse earn a sequel, it's not on that list either O_o

Crazy looking through that list, so many of those games are now considered rare and yet there were tens of thousands of them....

Well that's Japan gamers for you... Notice the Mahjong game on the list as well (like any Mahjong game anywhere was ever worth a shit).
Japan also thought this made for a good arcade game, thankfully NOT on the list. ;)

boongga-boonga.jpg

Boong+Ga+Boong+Ga.jpg

boonga-boonga.jpg

Boong Ga Boong Ga, the game where you are tasked with fingering out a virtual ass.
*shakes head* Jesus fucking Christ Japan what's wrong with you.

Going for the high score...
bonoga.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The meg count on all the wolf games is quite insane so despite being "simple" it's not gonna happen any time soon and it won't happen cheap should it happen.

T unit is a bit different as it has a "romboard connector" , sadly it's harder to crack those games as they depend on the PPU revision and not a "standard" protection.

T-Unit Multi wouldn't be worth it. There are only 5 games, 2 of which are NBA JAM and one (MK2) has a unique sound board. Most PCBs don't have the header for the ROM expansion board either. so the best multi would still be one that plugs into the ROM sockets.

Y-Unit multi would be better given that there are more games with a greater variety. Still have the multiple sound board problem though.

despite their being 3 sound board "types" across Y-Unit and T-Unit nearly every game has a unique revision, which would likely result in there being a specific donor games that have the most universal revision of the appropriate sounds boards.

As for Wolf Unit, it really just needs high capacity ROMs. Something similar to Darksoft's Namco System 1 Multi would be ideal.

Reactions: nem
As for Wolf Unit, it really just needs high capacity ROMs. Something similar to Darksoft's Namco System 1 Multi would be ideal.
I'd rather the extra work/effort for Y-Unit, for the reason you just said about T-Unit/greater variety.
Still T-Unit has my fave games on it, bonus you can get rev 5.0 of MK1 as well (so the two best MK games AND the two best NBA Jam's).

Can you imagine what that multi PCB would need to look like?
Connectors for days to support all the different sound board types/revisions (and what, like three different donor PCBs needed). :P

Now the schematics are out i can see him giving it a shot ;)
Still, will be expensive (try and find a proman now...)

T-Unit Multi wouldn't be worth it

Not worth the time but would be cool / possible.
Sound boards are no problem as they use off the shelf parts, it's the PPU revisions that's the issue.

Not worth the time but would be cool / possible.
Could you port games between Y/T using MK1 (ie Rev 4.0 vs 5.0) as a basis of what needs to be changed?
That would really add some zest to a potential T-Unit mulit. ;)

Only three games on Wolf I care about are MK3/U and Rampage WT, kinda worthless for a multi IMO.

Could you port games between Y/T using MK1 (ie Rev 4.0 vs 5.0) as a basis of what needs to be changed?
The source code is out there for some of them and there is already hackers that have ripped the mortal kombat's apart.
This project is not for me.

Only three games on Wolf I care about are MK3/U and Rampage WT, kinda worthless for a multi IMO.

Would be easier to get MK2 running on wolf unit than getting Y unit games running on T unit?

Either way i abandoned hacking this system - judge dredd was annoying enough to get playable on stock hardware.

Is a wolf multi still in the works by anyone?
Curious if anyone has done any work on it

All the pieces are in place for a multi to be made, though I don't know if anyone is actively working on putting one together.

I'd love to buy one if it were available!

I was thinking of doing some research on it
Wondering if there is a big enough eprom to hold the 7 27c801 images and change the bank area with a rotary switch

Wondering if there is a big enough eprom to hold the 7 27c801 images and change the bank area with a rotary switch
with DIP EPROMs the best you could do is a 322, but you'd have to adjust the mapping for 16-bit ROMs and then you'd only get a 4-bank switcher (and the board would likely weigh 30lbs)

with DIP EPROMs the best you could do is a 322, but you'd have to adjust the mapping for 16-bit ROMs and then you'd only get a 4-bank switcher (and the board would likely weigh 30lbs)
Yea there are a lot of 801s on those boards

Forget about the multi. It's the u45 code everyone wants. So many boards playing blind out there over this fragile chip.

Back