What's new
Willow, Final Fight, Final Fight Anniversary Edition and Ghouls and Ghost mras' are out now. Others will trickle down maybe weekly. Few people have issues with their RAM timings, people who have gotten it working - its pretty good. The RAM issue would be resolve knowing how good Jose is. Considering its the first CPS1 FPGA emulation and also first release, def brilliant. Also I think the speed is accurate, unlike MAME which runs the CPS1 games too fast.

Dip switches hasnt been added to mras' now so Final Fight continue is turned off etc. These are minor. By May 2020 this core should be near perfect.

Edit: The RAM issue is resolved one day after the initial beta release!

Last edited:
I am trying to add UN Squadron right now, cannot understand how the graphic mapper works :D Might have to wait for JT to release the MRA. Will still keep trying.

Finally direct_video worked with the Rankie adapter (Powered by AG6200), I just needed to connect the +5V input with an USB cable:

1.jpg

Using a direct cable CSYNC amplitude is 2V, so it should be attenuated:

2.jpg

Using a 470R in series CSYNC amplitude is now ~400mV:

3.jpg

Last edited:
Amateur not pro tip -

I had this annoying issue with my living room setup and the Mister and my soundbar (Samsung HW-N950) dorking out.

Introducing the Mister into my HDMI switch for whatever reason was causing the soundbar to not work with the TV. Something something CEC?

Anyway, this thing solved my problem and now I can keep the Mister in my setup. Before I was unplugging it and power cycling everything when I was done which was super annoying.

It just blocks one pin apparently but if you use a soundbar and have issues just an FYI and maybe it will help.

I've been testing MiSTer Neo Geo core on CRT and it's wonderful. No noticeable lag for me once set the fast_USB_polling_on option. This makes easy to make special moves in Double Dragon II (NES) that requrie precise timing like the flying knee.

Video: https://twitter.com/pacoarcade/status/1233521776291930115 The video and audio quality is amazing.

For lag purists there's an ongoing project to connect original controllers with zero lag. It's currently limited to one controller though:
https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_MiSTer/wiki/User-Port-(Serial-IO)

Cores like SNES and Megadrive offer better video quality than the original systems, and they work great. For Neo Geo I prefer how it looks the original MVC, though (preferably the MV1C / MV2F / MV1FZS)

The upgrade script is really nice too since just running it the firmware and all the cores are upgraded to the latest version.

Guys - setting up my MiSter... PVM, I/O card RGB....fresh installed and I run the update script.. I am sizing and information window " if you see this, then you need to modify Mister.ini.. the disable frame buffer or enable scaler on VGA".. How does the ini is suppose to look like and where it that on the SD card?

I think the ini editor displays over hdmi by default. Just run the updater script and wait. The Mister should restart automatically after it finishes.

I think the ini editor displays over hdmi by default. Just run the updater script and wait. The Mister should restart automatically after it finishes.
Thanks.. it did after the update. There was an ini script also which I ran...Thanks

This thing is coming more and more along that it's starting to entice me into getting one.

I'm using the Rankie... but yeah, the same happens with Wifi dongles, you're never 100% sure it has a certain chip. Maybe some vendors can confirm they have AG620x before purchasing?

I think the way to go would be to design a board with an AG620x, but there's also the inconvenience of HDMI patents, at least for sellers. According to Sorgelig, direct_video mode offers better video and audio quality, and the new Digital IO Board needed for future expansions removes the analogue outputs.

Last edited:
On jotego patreon:

"After much work I'm very glad to bring you four new titles for CPS! These titles belong to the fantasy genre. They have dungeons, they have dragons, and your character gains experience. Yet, they are not official D&D games."

!

Back