What's new
What r people doing for cases? I am setting mine up but the case options look bland like old enternal hd enclosure

I am using the same enclosure that Axun's supergun uses, its stacked well.

I cannot get any of the Jotego arcade cores working to save my life. CPS1 cores boot up, but either nothing happens or I get scrambled black and white bars. CPS0 etc all claim some file's missing in the game's zip.

On the non-Retrodriven arcade cores (Or even the same cores Retrodriven has, but not in the Retrodriven dir). All of these claim there's some file missing in the game's zip.

Retrodriven arcade cores work fine, and console/computer cores work fine. But I can't get anything arcade related (except the stuff that Retrodriven finds) working.

I've tried suggestions in a few different threads on reddit and the like, but nothing seems to solve it.

I started with @SmokeMonster 's packs, then added in Jotego's CPS1 rbf/mra files, and have run a few different update scripts (Mister with MAME_ARCADE_ROMS=true, jotego updater, Retrodriven2, Retrodriven_MAME).

Can anyone point me in the right direction aside from "Use X updater script", because those aren't working unfortunately :(

Last edited:
Just did an update on mine to see what it would take to get it running with the JVS-PAC 2, and just got frustrated.. :thumbdown:

Ghost 'n goblins runs, but is now upside down.

1943, black tiger etc works it seems. Was never able to get bionic commando to run.

When trying CPS1, it just pops straight back to the selector menu.

Ghost 'n goblins runs, but is now upside down.
I saw a post saying to go into dip switches in the menu to fix this. It doesn't even run on mine :/.

Actually, if I run Ghosts n Goblins out of the Retrodriven folder it works... But that doesn't help with CPS1, or some other things like Zaxxon.

I cannot get any of the Jotego arcade cores working to save my life. CPS1 cores boot up, but either nothing happens or I get scrambled black and white bars. CPS0 etc all claim some file's missing in the game's zip.
Can you attach your mister.ini? Are you using hdmi out or vga?

I apparently don't have one? Just searched the SD card and I only have Mister_example.ini

HDMI out for now, figured why complicate things while I'm still getting it setup.

I apparently don't have one? Just searched the SD card and I only have Mister_example.ini
HDMI out for now, figured why complicate things while I'm still getting it setup.
Gotcha, that should simplify things then. Mister.ini is optional, Jotego just fixed a bug with the scandouber.

If you're curious https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_MiSTer/blob/master/MiSTer.ini

It goes into /media/fat/MiSTer.ini
***************************************************************************************************************

Onto your issue...are you using https://github.com/jotego/jtbin/tree/master/mister/update to update?

Someone in Jotego's discord recommended this script over the Retrodriven script since it hasn't been updated in a while: https://github.com/MAME-GETTER/MiSTer_MAME_SCRIPTS

I'm using the scripts above and I'm running CPS0 and CPS1 without issue.

Onto your issue...are you using github.com/jotego/jtbin/tree/master/mister/update to update?
No, the one I'm using is called update_jotego.sh . I believe it came with the Smokemonster packs I downloaded this weekend.

I'll try this one instead.

Onto your issue...are you using github.com/jotego/jtbin/tree/master/mister/update to update?
It just reports "Nothing to update" on everything.

Trying the other one now..

From Jotego's post in Patreon "You can get the cores via the update script but you need to manually download the attached MRA files." did you do that?

A7F40IYm.jpg

From Jotego's post in Patreon "You can get the cores via the update script but you need to manually download the attached MRA files." did you do that?
Sure did. And manually downloaded the CPS1 MRA and RBF files.

That second script you mentioned is running now and updating all sorts of stuff.

Just set up my sd card will give it a first try tonite and report back

@digitron ran both HBMAME and MAME scripts from your link, and no changes. CPS1 stuff is still non-working, just boots to garbage or a black screen, and Zaxxon and all other not-Retrodriven arcade cores are non-working, they all complain one file or another is missing within the rom.
Just set up my sd card will give it a first try tonite and report back
Good luck!

Ok, lets confirm some folder/file structure:

/media/fat/_CPS1/cores/ should have file jtcps1_20200501.rbf only
/media/fat/_CPS1/mame/should have all your sweet rom zips
/media/fat/_CPS1/ should have all the *mra files

Correct, except I have jtcps1_20200502.rbf

It boots into CPS1 cores, shows a black screen or junk, the little button mapping shows up in the upper left corner, and I have access to the core's options in the menu. But no sound or game video.

Correct, except I have jtcps1_20200502.rbf
It boots into CPS1 cores, shows a black screen or junk, the little button mapping shows up in the upper left corner, and I have access to the core's options in the menu. But no sound or game video.
Odd, and all your other cores work correctly?

Last edited:
Odd, and all your other cores work correctly?
Everything in _Arcade throws an error for some file or another in the rom.
Everything in _Console works correctly.
Everything in _Computer works correctly.
Everything in _CPS1 is black screen or junk, with access to the core's menu.
Haven't tested _Other
Everything in _Retrodriven works correctly.
In _Utilities I only have memtest, and that works correctly.

Doom works (sad only Doom and Doom II work and not custom WADs according to the readme), and ScummVM boots up (I haven't added games yet)

Back