What's new
Well I'll be damned. Another user jumped in and gave a bit clearer information, and I can now use 2 players on all cores with the JVSPac 2. @invzim I think that's great news and that means it could be added to your MiSTer section for the JCSpac2 :)
Yes, you can do the keyboard->gamepad hack on a system-wide basis, but you end up with something this is about as far from plug&play as you can get

Yes, you can do the keyboard->gamepad hack on a system-wide basis, but you end up with something this is about as far from plug&play as you can get
I agree, but at least it's an option though. It seems like they don't want to listen :/

Th MiSTer Multisystem looks cool especially if they develop some interesting add on boards: https://twitter.com/rmcretro/status/1420404786608975875

68522A39-6C43-4D75-B21B-0E32217B5F5C.jpeg

52A5F4FE-C09B-4224-BC73-D5FB292525A3.jpeg

I bet a shiny penny that this is going to be expensive based on the build material..it will be a good option for new members that don’t have the mem and I/O.

2F3AE2D1-B19A-48E2-A2A6-D997E2586341.jpeg

New pictures of this thing, they are testing it now. The developer is purporting they can produce 15,000 units per month and it will retail for under 200 quid ($280 USD). You still need to add a DE-10 Nano to have it functional but the RAM/IO/USB are taken care of. The case is not included and apparently will just be provided to be 3D printed.

The case was part of the appeal to be honest.

Here’s the ports on the back:

2E45DDFC-9EE7-465F-B917-2AD3963CD64B.jpeg

Someone asked about the JAMMA adapter board and they said they had just tested it on a Supergun. Lol. In regards to that just stick to MiSTercade or the Irken one. You’ll know it’ll work and be well tested that way. The amount of various issues we’ve unearthed testing MiSTercade on various cabinets, etc. is pretty numerous.

Cool, love the idea but the case is FUGLY. Please get rid of the hour glass shape on top and it will be perfect.

Cool, love the idea but the case is FUGLY. Please get rid of the hour glass shape on top and it will be perfect.
Totally agree, the idea is cool, although the execution/layout of some ports/etc is totally off, the scart connector on top like that seems like an aftethought. The case is freaking hideous.

The Saturn IO PCB arrived today.

My early impressions are - I'm impressed.

Video quality looks very good using Saturn -> MD2 -> HD retrovision component cable.

Video brightness difference is significant.

This PCB also eliminates the USB hub pcb.
I tried out svideo and composite on the Saturn IO board last night.

I have 2 CRTs. A 32" Sony Wega and a 27" Panasonic Tau.

I'm not impressed with the image quality on the Sony using composite or svideo. Lots of visible interference/noise.

The image quality on the Panasonic is much better. I could see using svideo or composite long term on this TV.

I use the same cable in my Sega Saturn with the Sony and it looks great. So I can't really blame the Sony or the cable.

Damn, that sounds shitty @GeorgeSpinner -- The image straight out of a standard IO board to CRT with DB15 is crystal clear and very sharp as you probably already know.

Has anyone gotten into the ao486 core?

I see it's had a lot of perf improvements lately and there are some really impressive game packs out there to go with it.

Going to give it a go but seems a bit involved to setup the core so curious if anyone has comments on this vs. DosBox, real hardware.

I gave it a go but I had some janky HDD images. Like you said, I think there’s some way better ones now. There was some stuff on archive last I looked.

With the MT32 add on, I’d like to give it another go too. I’m sure it will get to a very good level with time. I’m excited about the x68k core progressing too.

Oh yeah, thanks for reminding I forgot to mention the mt32-pi. That was major part of what got me interested again. I think I'm gonna build one to force me to try out the latest core

Damn, that sounds shitty @GeorgeSpinner -- The image straight out of a standard IO board to CRT with DB15 is crystal clear and very sharp as you probably already know.
Yeah, it's gorgeous using RGBS out of the Saturn adapter as well.

My guess is that they are using a low quality chip to generate the composite/svideo signal.

It's definitely usable on the Panasonic, if I had no other option on that TV, I'd be happy with it.

The images for the Top300 HDD image works pretty well and is rather easy to use. And with mt32 support, some of those games sound amazing. I only ever had a SB or SB16 back when I had my DOS machine.

Only with the core would add FPU support, but I think I've seen a few people (over at the MiSTer forum) say there isn't space on the FPGA for it.

I'm also excited for the x68000 core

Back