What's new
Yeah admittedly, I am waiting for the LL Cool Joy as well! May have to settle for one of those strips, like what you posted, for now, as that seems to be the common form factor. And I have no Idea when the Cool Joy comes out

Appreciate it

If I am looking at that unit correctly my understanding is that you will need a USB mini adapter to connect to the MiSTer which is an extra cable in the chain.. try to find one that does not have a regular USB cable attached to the unit so you can use the USB mini cable that comes with the D10 and into the UDB hub or a USB hub with USB mini

Last edited:
Oh yeah I got an otg adapter so I should be g2g. I did forget to look at that!

Nah, it's SHART for the first half a second of video then it quickly changes to SCART. The thumbnail just happened to capture the moment before it changes.

Not a big deal, just had a larger than usual dose of misinformed individuals lately.
I'm pretty sure Furtek did that on purpose as a joke lol

I think it’s “normal” in the sense that the core developer hasn’t started implementing it yet, so the lack of sound in the video isn’t a problem with his equipment setup.
Correct, but the good news is some of the sound chips already have FPGA implementations and Furtek is looking at them (he mentions also that he is sending some the money he gets from patreon to the author to thank them for the work).

Read his latest patreon update here https://www.patreon.com/furrtek and become a patreon as that seemed to motivate him a lot after his number jumped up from the smokemonster video :)

Just wondering if anyone had some suggestions to get MiSTer to Jamma? Is a J-pac the only option so far?

Just wondering if anyone had some suggestions to get MiSTer to Jamma? Is a J-pac the only option so far?
Yes, we dont have a arpicade type custom io jamma board for MiSTer yet. J-Pac works but a couple of cores like NES and even arcade cores had issue with inputs. Not sure if the issue was fixed. Upcoming NG core test release worked fine with J-Pac though.

I had planned to do some testing on my vertical cocktail but haven’t done much about it yet.

I decided to give this MiSTer FPGA thing a try. Got the kit all assembled, SD card setup, and it's successsfully booting up on the workbench. Now I just need the Micro USB hub to arrive so I can plug in a keyboard and controller and actually play something.

I'm going to swap the cooling fan out eventually as well - the fan included in this kit is noisy as hell.

Photo Apr 29, 6 01 51 PM.jpg

Attachments

• Photo Apr 30, 12 45 37 AM.jpg
    Photo Apr 30, 12 45 37 AM.jpg
    939.9 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
I decided to give this MiSTer FPGA thing a try. Got the kit all assembled, SD card setup, and it's successsfully booting up on the workbench. Now I just need the Micro USB hub to arrive so I can plug in a keyboard and controller and actually play something.

I'm going to swap the cooling fan out eventually as well - the fan included in this kit is noisy as hell.
It might be a bit confusing at start but you will like it :D

If you are connecting the MiSTer to SCART devices don't forget to check that the CSYNC signal is correctly attenuated. This is a generic advice about new FPGA boards; in the case of ZX-Uno CSYNC is TTL and it depends on the core used.

I attach a warning from a Panasonic CRT TV set manual:

ttl-csync.png

More information about SCART here: http://martin.hinner.info/vga/scart.html

If you are connecting the MiSTer to SCART devices don't forget to check that the CSYNC signal is correctly attenuated.
Can you please tell me how to check that for MiSTer?

I highly recommend you get one of the USB hubs designed specifically for MiSTer. If you don't, you will regret it. Most USB hubs dont play well with the board, even if its powered. ESPECIALLY if you use any wireless dongles of any sort

I highly recommend you get one of the USB hubs designed specifically for MiSTer. If you don't, you will regret it. Most USB hubs dont play well with the board, even if its powered. ESPECIALLY if you use any wireless dongles of any sort
Good to know. When you say "specifically designed for MiSTer", do you mean one of the daughterboards like this?

https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_MiSTer/wiki/USB-Hub-daughter-board

I use an elcheapo 8 port usb hub with my 8bitdo controller, usb to ps/2 keyboard and usb mouse - it works ok. If you do have issues maybe get these https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Port-2-5A-power-adapter/dp/B00DQFGH80 read in Atari-forums that these work.

Also AshEvans is still testing his LLcooljoy which will have a lot more options like 2 DB15 NG style ports and 2 DB9 genesis port, that should be out in a month.

I havent seen anyone using the USBhub daughterboard except Alexei (who designed the board and is directing he MiSTer project).

yes that is it

the micro USB port on the de10 nano, has very low power output. Which is why USB hubs can be hit or miss, especially with what peripherals you are using. These boards tap directly into the boards power.

Sorgelig recently updated the hub to 1.2.

http://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=117&t=33428&start=125#top

Looks like https://misteraddons.com will be selling the new 1.2 USB hubs and the new 5.6 io boards. The guy that runs that site does a good job. I recommend

I also have a bunch of USB hub boards ready to go if you're interested.

@ShootTheCore the original comments in the thread from a year ago you were talking about how some cores are laggy. How are things looking today? Have a friend who was telling me about this for his NAC.

Back